Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sway Bar Bushings

Orren Zook Guest

In you photo there appears to be a ridge in the center of the eye, that would indicate a two piece bushing was used. One piece rubber bushings are usually sleeved inside so that your mounting bolt can be easily slid through the bushing, these usually need to be pressed into the application.

Yes, all the neopreme bushings for the sway bars are two-piece and the rubber are one-piece. I have installed the rubber ones before, but it takes a press or some soap and hard work.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Exclamation Don't Forget

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Yes, all the neopreme bushings for the sway bars are two-piece and the rubber are one-piece. I have installed the rubber ones before, but it takes a press or some soap and hard work.
    As with Shock Absorber bushings you may buy the one piece style, and cut them in half yourself.

win42 Guest

We replaced the bushings on our off road Jeeps to get a tougher material. We have not used them long enough to determine any difference in longevity. These replacements were red in color Urethane bushings. There may be different durometer Urethane materials available. We have some soft urethane block material in our shop and it tends to harden with age.

This was a good post, keep us informed on your outcome.

I started hearing noidse while driving rough roads and I too have found it to be the sway bay bushings. they are completely gone on the bar ends that connect to the dog bones. I'm about to order new ones from Prevost but wondered if I should go with the rubber or the neopreme? I have access to a hydraulic press that can be used to press the rubber into the sway bar while it is still on the bus so that isn't an issue. I'm looking for quality and durability not ease of installation. What do you think?

Gary
    2002 Royale XLII #332

Gary,

I'm pretty sure Prevost recommended the neopreme/urathane when I installed mine. If they had told me the rubber would last longer, I would have used them. If you hear different, let us know. It is a relatively simple job.
    Last edited by dale farley; 05-24-2010 at 09:28 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

I got a hold of Prevost, Nashville today and set an appointment for this work. The service mananger said he would talk with the guys and see which type see more of in bad shape. My suspicion is the rubber are harder to install but last longer. I'll let everyone know once I have the job doen at the beginning of the month.

Any advice for a guy that is going to a prevost service shop for the first time?

Gary,

Make sure you replace the ones in both front and rear.
    Dale & Paulette

Quote Originally Posted by GSwaim View Post

Any advice for a guy that is going to a prevost service shop for the first time?
    Based on information, stories and advice posted on this forum I would suggest getting a quote, staying with your coach and observing, and keeping track of both the time and the tasks performed. You will learn some about your coach, they will understand you are interested, and it is unlikely you will be charged for work not performed.

Based on my experience, I think Prevost should complete the job on front and rear in about an hour.
    Dale & Paulette