Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ultra-Sonic Detectors

dalej Guest

Default Ultra-Sonic Detectors

Do any of you have a air leak detector that you really like? I have the desire to get rid of all leaks and to check for them once or twice a year.

After I changed air springs, I thought I should check to see if all the 10,000 air fittings and lines are air tight.

Default Not Ultra-Sonice, But

Sorry, Dale, once again I couldn't resist.

Quote Originally Posted by dalej View Post
    Do any of you have a air leak detector that you really like? I have the desire to get rid of all leaks and to check for them once or twice a year.

After I changed air springs, I thought I should check to see if all the 10,000 air fittings and lines are air tight.
    Dale,

Do you want me to UPS it to you or do you want to pick it up in TN and send it back when you are done?

dalej Guest

Thanks Jon,

If you bring it to TN. I can use it there or bring it back with me and then UPS it back to you.

You sure you don't mind?

Dale,

I have the same unit that Jon has, but I can't understand how it works. I tested it on my air supply connection (I connect an air hose to fill my tires at this device) and I can feel and hear the air escaping but it doesn't register on the Ultra Sonic meter. I'll bring it to TN and we can play with it.

I used Jon's stethescope @ Debi's house in Landrum, SC and that really works great. I must be doing something wrong with the Ultra Sonic leak detector.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

dalej Guest

Tuga, sounds like we will both learn somthing.

I checked this morning and my air pressure went from 106 to 94 pounds from 9 last night to 8:30 this morning, so it's not to bad.

Dale,

Looking forward to learning more about this leak detector. My coach loses air fast that yours; 110 to 30 in 24 hours! But it doesn't lean; guess the leaks are somewhere other than the leveling valves and solenoids.

See you in TN
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

The short answer is that different types of leaks are detected in different ways.

An ultrasonic detector will never identify a leak in the rubber portion of an air spring. Your ears, a stethoscope or bubbles might detect one however. But alternately a minute leak that your ears or a stethoscope cannot detect may sound like Niagara Falls to the leak detector.

No single method will work for all leaks, and that is what makes trying to create the perfect system so hard.

wrongagain Guest

just bought this unit with the optional sound generator.
    they are not giving them away, but it works.
    found a couple of leaks so far.
    might find more if the snow and rain ever stops.
    you can hear someone lightly rubbing there finger tips together, even on the lowest setting it sounds like someone rubbing two rocks together.
    the sound generator beeps but you cant hear it without the detector.
    throw the sound generator in the bus to find any holes in the bus, that might let in water, air, critters, etc.
    this detector hears true sounds, some of the units out there only let you hear beeps as you get closer to the air leaks.

http://www.sdtnorthamerica.com/products/flexus.htm

Default Whats It Gonna Cost?

OK, Ed, since they don't quote a price on the web site, can you give us an idea what that pup will cost? Hold on, let me sit down first. Alright, lets hear the bad news. Thanks (I think)