This is a copy of the PM that I received from Richard. It has some important caveats.

Re: Permission

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sure No problem. It will generate all kinds of comments of what the gas might do to the seals, but the truth is that 134a is quite inert. My degree is in Chemical Engineering, so I was pretty confident in putting a little 134a in the system. It doesn't take much.

Do also mention that the 134a was from a bulk bottle and contained NO lubricant. Using one of the auto store refill cans would also introduce some PAG or POE lubricant into the system and that is not a good idea, since those lubricants form acids in the presence of water.
It does need to be introduced into the coach system. Meaning that if you use the quick disconnect at the back, it will put it into the brake system. I got better results breaking the piping at the aux compressor and putting it in there. Since there is a check valve at the aux compressor, it didn't leak out. I repiped the aux back in and brought it up to 90 lbs to sniff for leaks.

Also don't hesitate to use my email richard.entrekinATalconlabs.com , substitute @ for AT, for correspondence. It will be quicker than going through the forum.