Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone recognize this coach?

craig Guest

Default Anyone recognize this coach?

Anyone recognize this coach. Interesting to see where a no reserve auction on a 91 Marathon with a $1 starting bid ends up. If anyone recognizes or knows history on this coach Id like to hear about it. Ends today. Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Prevo...ayphotohosting

Petervs Guest

It has the potential to be interesting, but so often they yank the listing right before the end if they do not like the price. The description even alludes to that.

But, on the other hand, it is possible someone might get a good deal.

Five-O Guest

The seller has good feedback. So when I see a seller with excellent feedback and a great item that obviously is worth more than the present bid with no reserve smells shill bidding to me. To me the seller has friends or other ebay handles and he drives the price up. This late in the game usually, the high bidder is a shill bidder and to overcome his bid your bid will have to eclipse what he really wants to begin with. That paint scheme looks familiar. Dont know if I have seen it on the road or for sale on the internet. It would be tough for me to buy a bus over Ebay without first looking at it or having someone that I trused who lived close by look at it.

Craig,

From my experience with ebay, bidding on any auction with "Private Bidders" is a bad idea no matter what the starting price.

Some of the mystery bidders are working for the house and will milk your bid so it doesn't seem to be such a good deal anymore.

A no-reserve auction is actually reserved by the bidders who refuse to reveal their identity.

I'm no expert but what I wrote above can happen.

Jim

craig Guest

Well guys heres the update. Asked for a phone contact. Was directed to the maintance manager of a corporation. This fellow sounded straight up and has been overseeing maintainence for the three years they have owned it. It is used to shuttle execs from the airport. Only 20 minutes each way so lots of systems havent been used regularly but he claims they have all been run and are in working order,

Knew the coach well and says its a 8.5 to 9 inside and out. All systems check out. If it was on the open market Id definetly be checking it out. Doesnt have prevost air but has busair in the drivers compartment, otherwise three cruisairs run with the genset is the other option when going down the road so that parts not so appealing to me. 3100 hrs on the gen.

So having got a pretty good run through of the options and layout, condition report and maintence report from a third party that like I said sounded straight up i think its as good a crap shoot as you'll come across for whoever would get this coach if the price is right. Rubber is one year old and front airbags changed out last year.

So like I said at the start of the post its going to be interesting to watch. As far as the bidding goes you can see the bid history and will be able to at the end of the sale as well so that will be interesting.

Will I be on the list? Only possibly at the end if it stays anywhere close to where it is now in the low 70's. At that price I dont think one could go wrong but like others have said that likely wont be the case.

Thanks for any input or know history is posted. Great site you guys have going here! Ive been following for a long time as I search out my coach and your experience and posting have really helped in the learning experience.

dalej Guest

Hey Craig, I hope your ebay name is leeann!

Default Invitation to LeeAnn

I used ebay to email to invite LeeAnn to join POG. Did you get that note Craig?

Craig, If you didn't get this one hang in there. You will find another one that fits the budget and your dreams. Lots of support on this site and we are all willing to help.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

craig Guest

Congratulations LeeAnn, I also extend my invitation to join POG. I was the guy a couple spots behind you going for the snipe.. but I wasnt quite as brave as you

I really think you got a great deal so Im with the rest of the guys and gals here and say "come on in!" We'd love to hear more about your new coach and you wont find a better group to help you learn about it and enjoy it!
    Last edited by craig; 03-10-2008 at 05:52 PM. Reason: typo

craig Guest

Thanks for the encouragement Jim and Darl no i didnt get a copy but hope she got your message.

Will let you all know if I get any invites from LeeAnn to buy a coach
    Last edited by craig; 03-10-2008 at 05:51 PM. Reason: typo