Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sting's Millennium

Sting,I sure would like to see your coach at the TN rally,from the pictures it is something else!welcome back.

Five-O Guest

Well finally HELLO mysterious one! I look forward to hearing more about the special features on your bus and your future postings.

Sting Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rmboies View Post
    Or how about just plain glad to have you back Works for me! Todd, Meg says Hi!

Debi
    Tell Meg hello. Is she still doing her own thing? The gal has a talent.

Sting Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    Stingman,

Good to have you back at POG. We missed you.

Although I know you don't want to brag about your new bus (although I would in a heartbeat), how about sharing some of the unique features of the new coach. I, and Loc, have outlined a couple of them in past posts and in the pixs above. (especially details of the unique kids bay setup). But would like to hear it from the horses mouth. Perhaps it will give some of us some ideas when we do a refit, or win the lottery.

Mike
    The pic of the kids bay actually was not the completed pic. The bay has its own heating and air. The TV is a 26in LCD. The bay is tricked out with flooring and walls to make it look just like a room. There is an infrared camera that we can watch the kids with even in pitch black darkness. Also there there is a video phone for us to communicate with them if we are in the bedroom. They also have a small crestron panel to control the TV and the built in video games(XBOX and Wii) There are 8 TVs in the bus including the one that rises up between the passenger seat and salon sofa which is pretty neat. Nelson, toward the end told me to challenge him and he answered. My navigation screen is pretty neat. Can watch the back up camera, TV or DVD alone or with the Nav. I like antiques and nice art. It became a challenge to locate some of the art work in the bus, as some of this artist's work was one of a kind. But we accumulated some nice pieces to go in the bus. This lead to us trying to locate an artist who would make a one of a kind sconce for us which turned out beautifully. The sinks are also signed artist pieces. The copper work came from a guy in Ohio that makes copper art. Those pieces went well in the bath area since the wall covering is a cork material with copper flakes. We also used two different woods in the coach and challenged the wood guys with diamond inlays on the doors and the arch over the bed. We made sure there were no cabinets over the bed. They are usually too shallow anyway and makes the room seemed closed in too boot. In addition to the TVs and the small crestron panel in the kids bay, there are three more crestron panels. One built in the dash and two more large tablets that are portable. The crestron panels control every and I mean every function you can think of in the coach, as well as, monitoring the tanks and dumping and slides opening and closing, awnings, etc. Also, on the two portable tablets you can access the internet and works like a laptop, even while driving. There is a wireless modem in the bus. On the outside entertainment bay they built in an electric cooktop that slides out and its pretty neat. I need to get some pics taken so the group can see. Also I wanted power and power I got. The bus has 4 2500 watt inverters that run all four a/c units going down the road and all the TVs and lights without the need of a generator. There are also 8 huge marine batteries. Its real nice when parked and you dont want the generator to run. We tested it out and it took a day and a half almost two before the generator kicked on. There are some other things but cant think of everything. Sometimes just sitting in the bus makes me remember or see things that we added. By the way, the TV in slide is sweet and really looks nice with the artwork underneath. I will try to get some pics of the cooktop and if there is something you would like to see, let me know. Good to be back.
    Last edited by Sting; 03-12-2008 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Tell Meg hello. Is she still doing her own thing? The gal has a talent.

Will do and yes, she has created "Designs By Meg" You are right, she is extremely talented and very innovative. Not to mention she is a really nice gal

Love the features in your coach Todd....I hope we get to see them one day!

Debi

Five-O Guest

Your bus sounds awesome.

Sting Guest

Debi, talked to Meg today and she was telling me some of the things she has done with your bus. Sounds wonderful. I know you cant wait.

Hello to all...

I came across this thread and figured this mite be a good way to introduce myself and my first conversion bus...I bought Stings bus intact with all art etc. on 7/11/11...I look foward to all the comradery that POG has to offer in the future...One more note bout the bus. I feel I bought the most Cherry pre-LOVED Prevost conversion coach in America, due the these few facts, Sting never cooked in it period and its only made one trip to Tenn. its never had a brush put to it and has only been hand washed and dried all its short life also garrage kept.

Thanx for allowing me to be part of such a diverse and knowledgeable group as POG...

Greg Smith
    Mobile,Alabama<-------Roll "TIDE" Roll

Welcome to the asylum. Not real sure about that knowledgeable part. I hope you put the bus to good use. Our coaches were made to be run hard and put away wet. They are built for commercial use and as you will note by perusing the threads little or no use brings about problems and issues not often found in coaches that are used regularly.

The best way to enjoy this group of misfits is to participate in ralies, if not the big rallies such as the Austin rally planned for October, but any mini rallies that crop up from time to time such as the Oshkosh and Michigan rally this month. You not only get to meet other people that spent $25 to ecome POG members, but you learn if we cannot help you with problems, we at least are sympthetic. (maybe)

I found the pictures at the beginning of this post, absolutely beautiful bus. Maybe you have time to attend the up- coming Petoskey MI. rally starting July 29th. Contact Nancy at Hearthside 1-888-260-9362.... always room for one more.