Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Battery Prices

The only time I get an alarm from the dash if shore power dies. None if the battery voltage is low.

If my bus barn was unattended I would disable the auto start.

And Gary is right, turning off he auto start is just a couple of push buttons away.

I think my brothers tent philosophy has something do with having sex.

Mangrove.

Richard,

When dry camping, I turn mine on and leave it on so it can do it's job. If your bus is stored outside and plugged in, I would leave the auto-gen on in case of a power failure. The transfer switch will take it back to shore power when the juice comes back on and the gen should shut down after the batteries are charged or whatever parameter is set. My Marathon and the CC are timed for the run time, about 3 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by MangoMike View Post
    The only time I get an alarm from the dash if shore power dies. None if the battery voltage is low.

If my bus barn was unattended I would disable the auto start.

And Gary is right, turning off he auto start is just a couple of push buttons away.

I think my brothers tent philosophy has something do with having sex.

Mangrove.
    Mango,

Thanks for straightening me out on the tent thing, that explanation is a bit of a shocker for a good catholic who is one of twelve kids though

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Richard,

When dry camping, I turn mine on and leave it on so it can do it's job. If your bus is stored outside and plugged in, I would leave the auto-gen on in case of a power failure. The transfer switch will take it back to shore power when the juice comes back on and the gen should shut down after the batteries are charged or whatever parameter is set. My Marathon and the CC are timed for the run time, about 3 hrs.

Gary, truk, JDUB, MM,

I am with all of you guys on this and how it all works, I just need to figure out the alarm thing. I find it hard to believe Marathon would install an alarm that wakes you up in the middle of the morning.

Thanks for the input.

Richard Beecher
    2002 Marathon XLII 45
    1996 VOGUE XL 40 FOR SALE

Richard,

You need to know that the tent wasn't about Mike's brother having sex, it was that he didn't want to be in the coach when Mike cranked up the hot monkey sex. I even have to be careful when parked next to him that I keep the white noise up at night so it doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by truk4u View Post
    Richard,

Tom, FYI our auto gen's are activated by a low battery condition only. They will not start based on a power failure. Try it sometime. Pull the plug and see if anything happens. My understanding is Country Coach requested this configuration on the board.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    Richard,

You need to know that the tent wasn't about Mike's brother having sex, it was that he didn't want to be in the coach when Mike cranked up the hot monkey sex. I even have to be careful when parked next to him that I keep the white noise up at night so it doesn't bother me.
    JDUB,

If you remember I was parked next to the Mango Mobile @ Oshkosh last year. I could feel the ground shaking every night; no wonder Paul (Mike's brother) wanted to sleep in the tent. I guess the Beach Boys got him all worked up.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Petervs Guest

Hi Richard,

My 94 Marathon has a blinking red light with a fairly soft beeper on the dash that goes off it the battery voltage is too low to run the inverter. The light says "refer off". Telling you the refrigerator has no power anymore. That is the only alarm. If you leave the autogen on it will of course prevent this from happening.

This happens at about 10.5 volts.

It is too soft to wake me up at that distance. Maybe in a 40 foot coach it would wake you.....

We park ours indoors, unattended when not in use, plugged in to shore power, refrigerator empty but running. If the power fails for a few days the batteries will run it a long time, several days at least if no one opens the door, and then it will stop. But with no food inside, it soes not matter. We also turn off the engine start battery switches near the engine to keep those fully charged.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Our aftermarket unit has an adjustable thermostat in it to keep cabin temps. from getting too high while stored or if leaving the dogs behind. Just gotta make sure we leave 1 or 2 cruise airs on and set.

Quote Originally Posted by rbeecher View Post
    Mango,

Thanks for straightening me out on the tent thing, that explanation is a bit of a shocker for a good catholic who is one of twelve kids though

Richard
    Beecher,

Sounds like your parents spent too much time in the tent.

mm

...and I want to thank Tuga and JDUB for keeping the board posted on my extracurricular nocturnal activities.