Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Prices

Default Battery Prices

While at the NASCAR races in Las Vegas last week I called Batteries Plus in Vegas and asked for the best deal deal on 5 new Lifeline 8D's. I was quoted a very good price including frieght. They delieved the batteries to me, set them in place and hauled the old ones away. I did the all the wiring but made a good drawing of the cable hookups before hand. If you need batteries and are going through Vegas give Batteries Plus a call.

Larry,

Tell us what you paid. Battery prices are through the roof. I talked to Lifeline a few weeks ago and an 8d AGM is now 749.00 retail.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Considering the alternatives currently available are they really worth the money?

Everyone is aware of the compromises we make with these campers.

How many batteries do you have Tom, 6 maybe 8? That is way too much doe for the function they provide.

I picked up 8 new wet cell interstates with the carry straps missing and a few scratches for 20 bucks each, delivered. I know they do not preform nearly as well but they work adequately and I know I will get at least a few years from them. For the cost of one AMG I can get 4 more sets.

Sorry for gloating I could not help it.

I don't need any Joe, I was checking the price for a friend.

Petervs Guest

So Joe, those $20 Interstate batteries, were they new, or some old batteries taken out of a Winnebago after 6 years? Hard to believe a price like that.

Unless maybe they were stolen out of a Liberty coach somewhere, but I have never heard of that happening.

I was wondering why it suddenly got dark last night.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Interstate Batteries
    16220 S. Crawford
    Tinley Park, Ill.

708 333 2580

Pete my good man:

I understand your skepticism.

They were new deep cycle RV/Marine, slightly damaged, a few small scratches and the carry straps missing. Factory 2nds.

Why don't you give them a call and see when they are going to get in another pallet of them if you find my story so hard to believe.

Joe,

Having lots of battery power is a luxury. Our old coach had decent battery power, and it was a propane coach so our refrigerator did not use much power and our heat when dry camping was propane furnaces.. The net result is we didn't need anywhere near the battery storage the coaches today use.

We probably have as much key off power consumption in our current coach as we used while we were using while we were sitting around in our living room on the old one watching TV. We have various clocks, alarms monitors, the satellite, and the house sized refrigerator going on batteries now and we still haven't turned on the lights. Even the inverters use power.

The problem is as the customers buying our conversions wanted more and more, the converters provided all the electric devices we tend to not even think about when we consider the draw on our batteries, and they have provided lots of battery capacity to handle that stuff.

Geeze that sucks. I paid $316 each for the Lifeline 8D AGM batteries I bought from Batteries Plus that I put in the ole Royale the year before I sold it.

However, the Marathon takes 4D batteries, so I wonder what those bad boys cost? The ones we have are in good shape, but I did have the host at an RV park come running out last week and tell me that my batteries had fallen out of the rack.

Marathon mounts the batteries in the small area forward of the engine compartment and the bottom 3 are flat and the top 3 are angled. He made the jackass sound when I told him it was built like that. But I did thank him for being nice enough to care that I had a problem.

Default Equalize LifeLine AGM Batteries ?

May I ask a question please? Can you, or are you suppose to, Run the Equalization Cycle, through the Trace invertors on your house batteries? I have 6 of the Lifeline 8D GPL ?? battereis, 2 years old in the system now.

If you are, do I need to have the bus out side with the bay doors open, and the wood covers off, and etc.etc? Oh and I have (2) Trace 4000 W Invertors, if you need to know that.

When I was in between 50amp power, in my barn, ( didn't have power ) my batteries only lasted 10hours, and there was minimum draw on them.

Remember I have only been motorhoming for 2 weeks, so I am trying to soak all of the information you guys give me like a sponge. But it ain't easy, SOAKING I MEAN ?