Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance Anyone?

Default Insurance Anyone?

A Prevost owner in PA just contacted me about a 30% rate increase on his policy from Foremost. No accidents, DUI's or claims just a hefty rate increase.

I am mid way thru my policy this year so I have not heard a thing and he is in PA and I am in AZ. I just kinda wanted to put my seatbelt on a bit tighter if there is too much turbulence ahead.......Diesel is now 389/gallon here!!

John

John,

See if Explorer can help you out. Tell them you are a member of POG.
    http://www.explorerrv.com/Welcome.htm

John, we had our coach coverage with Foremost for over twenty years. Every other year I would get a bit of an increase. Some years it would be a fairly big pop. My bad for not looking around sooner, but when we bought the Liberty, Explorer quoted a price that was $1100.00 a year less than Foremost. It's a no brainer and they are easy to work with over the phone and email.

John,

We had Interstate through Explorer (still do) when we had a serious fire in a previous coach. I suspect my premiums are OK based on what I have heard from others, but more importantly I can tell you that they know conversions and that paid huge dividends after the fire.

The damages exceeded $82,000 and the adjuster took over and worked directly with Prevost. I didn't have to worry about a thing, and the repairs were done to my satisfaction and to Prevost standards.

I can't say I was happy about the fire, but that proved the decision to used Interstate and Explorer was the correct one.

Default Interstate and Explorer supporter

I backed my bus into a support on my carport during a snowstorm in Dec 2006. The roof collapsed on the fiberglass section. There was not much damage to the rear cap and one engine door but the bid came to over 20k. The adjuster told me my premium would likely go up 25% for 3 years and then revert to the original, $500 deductible, $1,600 annual fee. Deciding to pay it myself to avoid the premium increase of $1,200 was a no-brainer. Ultimately the repair bill came to almost 25k. The insurance renewal bill came and there was no increase. You would have to drag me kicking and screaming to buy insurance other than Interstate from Explorer.

Five-O Guest

I too would give my vote to Explorer.

Explorer was a major savings for me this year. Half of what the other guy wanted.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default Thanks

I have passed the information on Explorer on to BikerBill (I think one of the Bussing Bikers or is that Biking Bussers, I dunno, just that their rally's cover thousands of miles on Harleys and Busses in just a few days).

As my policy with Foremost nears renewal, I will switch as well, if they are as competitive as they appear.

Thanks for the replies,

John

John,

If the spread is substantial and you still have a fair amount of time remaining on the current policy, it may make it worth while to change. You will get a return of unused premium. If it is only a month or two until your policy anniversary it might not make sense to do that.

www.thuminsurance.com
    800-866-0777