Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo Boost

Default Turbo Boost

I have a turbo boost question. I am just trying to set the appropriate range of expectations for turbo boost pressures for the Series 60. What do you see on the turbo boost gauge when flat land cruising at 65 mph? What is the max boost that you see when you put your foot into it (leaving a stop or pulling a hill)?

Loc

Loc - 2008 Marathon XLII - Houston

Loc,Mine has a gauge that goes from 0-30,and on acceleration or up hills it almost hits 30 psi,I would guess about 27 or so.I always tow a P/U truck and it varies from 10-20+ on flat land.On my last trip I was in Florida and watching the temp gauge and the fuel mileage,without the OTR air on,the temp would rise to about 185 and the cooling fan would come on and the fuel mileage would decrease about 1 MPG,at this point the boost would increase also.The temp would cool to about 175 and then the fuel mileage would increase again,when the fan was not pulling a load,I assume it must pull 40-50 horsepower when it is cooling.Jack

Loc, I told you man, if you will pull both slides IN when your driving the numbers will be better. And, you can get rid of the WIDE LOAD banner to boot.

Loc,

I use the boost gauge to keep from overheating the engine when climbing a grade. As I ascend the grade I reduce the accelerator pressure and watch the boost gauge come down keeping it around 20psi. This helps to keep the engine from overheating. A little caution climbing grades in the summer really pays off in the form of a cooler running engine.

On flat land with c.c. set @ 65mph it reads about 5-10psi.

Hope this helps you. I plan to be in Houston April 4,5, & 6th. If you are free maybe we could schedule a test drive!
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Jack,

That is about what I experience. I am just making sure that the Deuce is operating within normal/reasonable parameters.

Ted,

Thanks, I was expecting an insightful comment from JDUB, but you obliged. How was the trip to Florida?

Tuga,

The calendar looks good for those dates. Give me a call at 713.831.6496 and we will set something up.

Loc

Ted,

He is confusing "Turbo Boost" with "Taco Boost" and I don't think the Millennium came with the optional Bifurcated Auxiliary Digital Generation Augmentation System (BADGAS) unit that differentiates between his stinky taco farts and turbo waste gas.

Tuga, don't come all the way to town just to brown nose with that collie humper. Come hang with the working class folks on the north side of town.

JDUB

JDUB,

We are planning a golf trip in Houston April 4-6. We are going to meet up with Robert McDougle and some other guys.
    I feel the need to drive an XLII with SLIDES! I want to see them in action. Loc has told me that I can use the bus to go out on the town (you know transport large groups of drunk friends around to all the "gentleman's clubs" (Karen won't be on this trip). I'll call you and we can get together for some BBQ or Tacos or whatever Saturday night
    Last edited by merle&louise; 03-06-2008 at 06:23 PM.
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga,

You didn't mention that Karen wasn't going to come. I may need to rethink this. Don't yall have to check shower tolerances?

Loc

Quote Originally Posted by Loc View Post
    Tuga,

You didn't mention that Karen wasn't going to come. I may need to rethink this. Don't yall have to check shower tolerances?
    Loc
    Not to worry Loc, there is plenty of room in the Millennium showers Be sure and take a pic of Tuga and Karen in yours--ha~!

Debi

Loc Nest,

Make sure Karen is along, Tuga was in Oshkosh last year without her and he really wasn't much fun! In his defense, JDUB and Mango worked him over pretty hard before I got there.