Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #&%/^@$ Webasto

doodlebug45 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    Flyu2there, few things:

I'm noticing a pattern to your motor homes.

I think we need something easier to type to call you and it would probably be better for you if you came up with yourself it instead of one of us.

After helping me for a few hours with our E-Spar you will redevelop appreciation for your Webasto. Would you possibly know how to read German?
    Well said on the Espar Joe. Anybody complaining about Webasto should try this evil device from Germany. They don't even work well as boat anchors!

Hugh (D'Bug)

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Did everyone notice how he quickly responded to my suggestion of abbreviating his name before we did

Dbug you've got one? We need to talk.

Flyu2there, few things:

I'm noticing a pattern to your motor homes.

I think we need something easier to type to call you and it would probably be better for you if you came up with yourself it instead of one of us.

After helping me for a few hours with our E-Spar you will redevelop appreciation for your Webasto. Would you possibly know how to read German?
    Joe,

See what you mean...no, I don't have a thing about 1999.

I bought the Intrigue new in early 1999. A short time later I ran into a Canadian who had this big new Prevost that he found he could not take back to Canada, something about MOT or DOT approvals. The Rialta came along a few years later with 3000 miles on it...we have a beach house in Pismo and backing either of the other two coaches into the driveway made the local news....especially the Intrigue with NO IFS.

Maybe I will take off the fly and the there and just become U2...that kind of says it all for a variety of situations.

Thanks to everyone for the Webasto help; I will attack the damn thing this weekend.

John
    Last edited by flyu2there; 03-06-2008 at 06:50 AM. Reason: typo

Guys, (and Debi),

Looks like the new guy (now known as Gary Powers) is a member of the TBC.

Mike

doodlebug45 Guest

Did everyone notice how he quickly responded to my suggestion of abbreviating his name before we did

Dbug you've got one? We need to talk.
    Sorry Joe. I HAD 2 Espars (large & small) in a boat I sold 2 years ago. They weren't the main reason for selling the boat but they were high on the list. When they were both running, it sounded like an F15 attacking the marina. People used to run on deck and scan the skies. That seldom happened cause at least one was usually broke. I just loved those 3 to 4 week delivery times for parts from the fatherland.
    D'Bug

Default It just gets funner and funner

Mango,

Attacked the Webasto...mine is a DBW 2010 and instead of 3, 13 mm whatchamakaulitz there are two, at 4 and 7 o'clock and they are 10mm....yep you need a 10" extension. Pulled it all apart, pulled out tested and cleaned photocell..ok. Pulled the injector, dumped it in carb cleaner and blew it all out. Spent a good 45 minutes trying to use that halffast feeler gauge they supply, to align the ignitors. Cleaned them up as well, ran a little 600 on them for good luck; no cracks or apparent damage, book says they are o.k. Put it all back together, had to pull that monster cotter pin to do it, and fired it up....NUTTIN.

Went into the voltage department and all of that checked ok. Used the checklist and everything pointed to the motor. Pulled that black plastic cover, exposed a clock motor. Turned fine, pulled it, put it on 12V, 1 amp and it spun like a top. Put that whole mess back together, that clutching system looks like a tinkertoy, sprayed it with silicone and slapped it back together again.

Country Coach has that Webasto as far back on the RH side as they can get it, end result is that my hands look like I pulled apart two fighting male cats. Also, I didn't like the looks of some of the fuel lines so I am going to change them now....then a Jack Daniels.

I will try again tomorrow to fire it off.......looks like a whole lot of aggrevation could be avoided with the Webasto handy-dandy testor.

John

John,

Go for the Jack, you deserve it!

Gary Powers

Sounds like you did your homework, as your hands will certainly tell you.

By the injector, do you mean the nozzle? I don't think carb cleaner will do the trick as it's better to just replace it for $20. I tried blowing mine out onetime with an airhose, with no luck. But this probably isn't your problem,

I was also going to buy the handy dandy Webasto tester, but it's $500. I'd rather use that money for fuel. So I think I can create one from an old brain, my latest project.

I have a brain for a 2020, (12v) let's find out if it will work on the 2010 and if it's the case let me send it to you to try. It would be a shame for you to buy a new one for megaLewbucks just to find out it's not the problem. Although if I was a betting man I'd say it's the brain.

When your replace the fuel lines I would add a shut off valve to the supply side (make sure note which is supply and return) and replace the small inline fuel filter (if you have one) with a clear one. This will help in future diagnoses if you're getting fuel. You can turn off the shut off valve ( which should be on the tank side of the fuel filter) and run the Webasto. If your fuel pump is working correctly you'll see the fuel drain down on the filter.

Mike
    Last edited by MangoMike; 03-08-2008 at 05:19 PM.

Default Das Webasto mein heir

Guys,

Mine has two fuel filters, changed them both out as I ordered duplicate parts from the supplier in Fort Lupton, Colorado when I determined I had an overtemp sensor failure....probably the last time I ran the thing. I think the filters are the ones that come with the unit, in fact I know they are because of the Webasto name.

The fuel lines into and out of the unit were starting to get stiff, no bueno!

Mike, your manual has both models of the Webasto, my thoughts are the only differences may be the pin outs....I will look.

Anyway, I will change those lines in the a.m. then put it all back together and try it again. BTW, another anomoly with my unit; apparently there is some kind of pre-heater. On my overhead panel in the bus I have an indicator for Webasto pre-heat.... Not sure if that may be part of the problem or not....all of that pre-heat stuff runs thru the coach mother and daughter boards....that 's a whole new ball game. It's 85 degrees here today so logic would say that no pre-heater would be necessary...........

Thanks Again,

John

VegasDogMan Guest

Mine quit when I had a filter change... they installed a coolant filter rather than diesel filter. They looked the same.!