Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: #&%/^@$ Webasto

Question #&%/^@$ Webasto

I rarely use the Webasto and when I tried it the other day...nothing.
    Both fuel filters are new, I can here the the timer firing the spark but the fan does not start. On the top of the unit are two sensors, one I believe is a thermostat and the other is an overtemp; if my memory serves me correctly if either of these are distressed, it will prevent the fan from starting. My question is on jumping the sensors; I don't want to knock out the brain so to test that function they either have to be removed or jumped together...I think. Input would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

Flyboy,

This most common issue with a non start is the nozzle, which can easily be clogged and should be changed every year. At under $20 it's cheap insurance.

You can get one at the following:

thermo king roanoke,va ken parts
    540 343-1528

Another supplier
    Vehicle systems
    800.685.4298 Fort Lupton, CO Dan Clark in Service

Depending on your model 2010 vs 2020 there are different volume nozzles.

The second issue could be a cloudy photo cell. Which needs to be clear to let the "brain" know it's firing, else it send a shutdown signal.

There's some good info on my site over at Prevoman.com

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Webasto/Webapage1.html

Mike

Picture 2.jpg

Here is the timing schedule.

The fan motor (heater motor) should start at power up. This motor also powers the fuel pump.

Post Thanks Mike

I had this happen once before a few years back and only partially remember the fix. Seems to me that after a troubleshoot I found the overtemp sensor had failed which prevented the blower motor from starting; replaced that sensor and the blower began running and it fired off. Some sort of failsafe that won't let it start (blower, hence system) if it senses or has sensed an over temp condition....and of course the other alternative, the sensor failed. My thought was to jump the sensor (s) and to see if the fan goes.....

I just didn't want to short out the brain, I know that piece is quite spendy,

Thanks

John

Mike,

Good stuff on the Webasto over at your site! What I did not see were the sensors that are inside of the plastic shroud over the burner can. They are wired, on my unit, back to the brain which I gather has the ultimate authority over the entire unit.

Someone walked off with my Webasto manual so I had a set delivered to me from the outfit in Denver, unfortunately what I have is how to make your Webasto work in your Peterbilt in Alaska...or something like that. Maybe mine is a 2030...dunno.

Thanks

John

Flyu2there, The overheat fuse is a small brass screw in type under the black plastic cover on top. Jump the 2 small white wires to see if the fuse is blown. If your unit fires up and runs, It is the fuse. Prevost sells the fuse for $18.00. I replaced the fuse on my unit last week. My blower worked fine but the fuel would not ignite.

Fly4Free,

email me and I'll send you a Webasto manual as a .pdf file. mike@mangomikes.com

In the meantime if you want to check to see if you're blower fan (heater) motor is working. Determine the proper voltage for your unit (2010 or 2020)and remove the largest connector from the brain. Wire #5 is ground (brown) and wire #2 is power (black). And apply power, the blower should start up if it's ok.

Picture 3.png

Default Great Post!

Mango and Darrell, thanks for all the great info you gave John. I am having the same problem and now I have a road map to get this thing fixed. Mango, can you cc: on the manual? I'll email you.

Thanks,
    Darl

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Flyu2there, few things:

I'm noticing a pattern to your motor homes.

I think we need something easier to type to call you and it would probably be better for you if you came up with yourself it instead of one of us.

After helping me for a few hours with our E-Spar you will redevelop appreciation for your Webasto. Would you possibly know how to read German?

Use your voltmeter and see if you can get a positive continuity check across the two sensors, if so they are OK.
    Greg