Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Backup Camera

I hooked up my video camera to the cable in the back of the bus, and it looks fine on the screen on the dash, so I think I can safely assume I have a bad camera.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

A bad camera, or the cable from the camera to the connection box wasn't making a good contact. That's where a little TV in the bedroom would tell you for sure.

ray

Actually many video cameras have the ability to have a video in, and then play what's coming in over the video in line? If so, you can test in that fashion with your camera.

Some only have video out, so it may not help.

Roaunner: When my camera quit working a couple years ago, I priced back-up cameras at RV supply stores at the $300.00 level. Someone suggested that I go to an electronics store. I went to FRY's Electronics and purchased a security camera with night vision and a wide angle lens for around $100.00. It works much better than the converter installed camera. All of the wires connected so it was easy to install.

Darrell, That sounds like what I am looking for. Did you have any problems getting it to fit the hole properly?
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Roadrunner: The lens of the camera mounts up too a glass window(small round) on the back of my bus. Your mounting is could be different if it has to fit in a small space but I think most camera lens are similar. Be sure to get a wide angle lens.

Do you have to get a camera that scans backwards? I may be wrong, but I thought the backup camera scanned backwards to that when you looked at the image in the display, the sides were correct?

Ray

Dale

If you run out of ideas and need some help give Tim Lazaroe a call. He is in Baton Rouge and is truly a backup system guru. http://www.rvcams.com/

Brian ePod,

You've been just a Plethora of information this week. First that great heads up to Trukman about the Webasto (mist maid) now the RV camera supplier.

Nice job as your hat may be going in the ring as Jon-of-the-Week.

Mike

Dale, My camera works fine for me but I like Brian's suggestion to call the camera store in Baton Rouge. He could answer all of your questions and his prices seen reasonable. Thanks Brian for your helpful input. This forum has been very helpful for me and saved me much-much more than I paid for the membership fee.