Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Boards on ECC in Country Coach

Chris, I have Nick Hessler's # 541 954 2452. Let me know how this goes. Are you going to the Rally ? Miles will be there.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Thanks Gil and Jim. We are not able to make the Rally. We hope to catch everybody at the next one.

On my formerly owned 2003 CC There are fuses embedded on some of the cards in the ECC. Not only check the fuses at the bottom but flip the panel to the back side and examine closely looking for fuses on the cards and have your test light handy. If there is no juice in the circuit you will have to remove the fuse to closely inspect that it is good or not. I did not have the problem you speak of so even if you found a bad fuse I can not promise that would fix your issue. Good luck.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Hi Gil. Basically, I have a pin relays with a Allen-Bradley Processor , and a Crestron system networked into the relays. Not Cuttler-Hammer as I originally said. So, the Push buttons work by low voltage wire from each switch to the appropriate relay. Then the Processor and the Crestron are essentially paralleled to the relays. Ill see what I can find regarding the wiring diagram and email it to you if you like.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gary, I'm looking for a relatively simple intelligent relay system that can be controlled by typical push button control panels. The Cutler-Hammer "easy" relays may be the ticket.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Chris, I talked to Miles yesterday afternoon and last night. I read your post to him explaining the problem and talked about my issue. He said to contact him through the email Gil provided. I will be on a mission this weekend to resolve my low light problem based on information gained from Miles. He told me the possible causes of your no back light issue and I thought I would be able to relay the information to you but, as I sit here typing I know I will mistakes in passing it on. I'm computer challenged and can't do math. He said the fact your switches work dispite no back light speaks volumes on the diagnostic procedure. Also, no power is supplied from the ECC to any of the switch panels.

Good Luck.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Chris, Jim, Miles. Someone please make sure you post the solution to these problems when they are resolved. This will be valuable information to others.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Jim, thank you for mentioning this to Miles. I just emailed him and will be sure to post his reply as well as my final outcome with this issue.

Jim Keller beat me to Nicks contact.

Here is the response from Miles. Chris:The basics of panel lighting for Country Coach is as follows:Each switch contains 2 leds - one green and the other red.* The green*one is illuminated all the time and the red one is switched on and off*based upon a signal from the corresponding board in the electronics*control cabinet (ECC). Hence when the red led is off the switch is green*and when the red and green are both illuminated you get "white".* The*Leds have an integral resistor which sets the proper current for the Led*when driven from 5 volts.* The 5 volts is derived right on the panel*board itself with a 5 volt regulator (P/N 7805) . This regulator uses*the nominal 12 volts from the house battery bank as it's input and*outputs 5 volts to run the Leds. In some cases Country Coach put the 5*volt regulator on a small seperate PC board from the panel board and*used this separate board to run multiple switch panels..** No power is*provided by the PC boards in the ECC to illuminate any of the switch*Leds.* The boards in the ECC only provide a signal which turns on a*transistor which allows current from the 5 volt supply to flow through*the red led. So if your panels are not illuminated you are missing*either the 12 volts to the regulator (whether on the panel board or on a*separate regulator board) or you are missing a ground line.* You should*be able to verify what is going on with a voltmeter.* Since the*regulators are fed from the domestic battery bank there are various*places where Country Coach could have tapped into the battery bank. For*safety reasons there is usually a fuse at the point of connection.**Country Coach usually provided a number of designated places to tie into*the domestic battery bank - one usually to feed dash devices, one to*feed overhead devices, sometimes one in the electrical compartment next*to the drivers seat, one in the ECC and another in the rear near the*house batteries.* There is not as much consistency as you would think*but a modest amount of investigation will usually lead to success.* If*you are missing a ground, wiring will be very similar to power circuit*without the fuse of course. Since you have multiple panels out I would*first check to see if any of the panels have the 5 volt regulator - if*they do then the 12 volt feed is probably missing. If there are no*regulators on the panel boards then you need to find the small regulator*board that drives the panels. Once you find that board you will*determine whether it is missing the 12 volt feed or if the regulator is*bad. I hope this helps. Miles