Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boards on ECC in Country Coach

I recently lost the panel lights on 5 of my CC switch panels. The panels that went out include two nightstand panels, the bathroom panel, the galley panel and the passenger side panel next to the door. All of the switches in all five panels work but there are no back lights on any of them. I have tried to toggle the "panel light" button on each of the five panels to no avail. The other panels (overhead on dash and driver side) continue to have back lighting. Might these panel lights be fused on an ECC card? If so, does anybody have an idea of which card?

The drivers overhead lights and left drivers lamps get power for the LEDs from the circuitry located in the pneumatic bay, below the drivers seat. I am not sure where the salon LEDs receive power, but I would assume it would come from the CCC located in the first basement bay. I am mobile now and do not access to my drawings. I would look at the fuses that installed along the bottom edge of the electronic bay. I bet one of these fuses is blown. This is my best guess without looking at the drawings. Good Luck.

Thanks Hector. I will start searching that bank of fuses.

I have checked the entire bank of fuses at the base of the ECC (the fuses all look good and each circuit has a light that indicates continuity that goes out when the fuses are blown or removed) as well as all of the fuses on the individual circuit cards within the ECC without success. Might anybody have any additional suggestions as to where these five panels get there power for back lighting from? I also checked each circuit breaker in the drivers side panel without results.

Hi Chris. I don't know much about Country Coach lighting, but My coach lights are controlled by a cuttler-hammer relay system which is s simple relay system of low voltage wiring from each switch going back to the relays. The backlight is part of that system. The link type fuses which control the lights are on a separate fuse block as the system is 24 volt. Also, at the front door , I have a switch which turns off all of the back lights on the switches. I hope this may help.
    Last edited by garyde; 09-11-2013 at 10:05 PM.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

I think a call to Nick Hessler is in order.

Chris, I have an interest in this Thread as I have two switch panels that have a low light issue. They light but not very bright. I have been wondering if this happens before they go out completely. This weekend I am going to test the voltage on the back of a low light panel compared to a bright one. Have you removed one of the problem panels to check for voltage on the back side ?
    Last edited by JIM KELLER; 09-12-2013 at 07:44 AM.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

Gary, can you tell me more about your configuration? I looked at the "Easy" product and it looks interesting. Is that the product you have? What switches were used? Do you have a functional diagram or schematic of your system?Thanks,

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Rodger, any ideas on how to contact Nick? (email, PM, phone, etc.)

Chris,

I can't find Nick's contact information. Try Miles Circo at mcirco@hughes.net

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion