Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boards on ECC in Country Coach

dreamchasers Guest

Truk4u, thanks for the link. He has very interesting stuff on the site.

I wonder if now is the time to suggest a side seminar to share knowledge on the Country Coach ECC. For starters, Flyu2there seems to have acquired knowledge on the workings of the GSD board. My coach has a wire disconnected in the dash, '#184', that has something to do with the GSD. I would like to know more of the GSD workings to sort our where to plug in back into. I am certainly willing to participate and support the effort , but at this stage someone else would need to take the lead. I have yet to see the backplane of the ECC yet and have zero experience with the device. The white switches seem interesting.

I will have my portable PC and an LCD projector for any demos (Or even movie night?).

Does anyone have a training manual or know where to get data on the ECC? That would be handy.

Hector

Hector,

That's a great idea since we're getting plenty of folks with the CC's. I'll be glad to share anything that I have learned while sorting through these electrical problems and will volunteer to open my ECC cabinet for the show and tell. Mike Kerley is up to speed on this stuff as well. Flyboy lives on the left coast and he may not be able to see us in Sevierville, but he has lots of experience with the ECC as well.

Any other CC's owners have an idea?
    Last edited by truk4u; 03-07-2008 at 12:05 PM.

EXCUSE ME. Mike

OK Mikee, I fixed it.

Cool

Tanks Tom

U R Ok

dreamchasers Guest

I spent the afternoon crawling around in the front basement bay of my coach examining the Electronic Control Cabinet. I snapped a couple of pictures to let guys that do not own a CC can see what they are missing.

I am fortunate, that during my time working with electronics, I have dealt with a wide spectrum of circuitry. So I have seen boards of this type in the 'Good Ol Days'. Today's circuits has processors doing the logic work. The good thing about processors, is unless the processors are dead, software diagnostics helps in locating I/O faults.

IMG_3047-3.JPG

IMG_3050-3.JPG

Also, I have included a listing of cards, with p/n's, that are loaded in my setup. FYI

ecc.pdf

I am looking forward to the Country Coach 'side bar' demo/class concerning the ECC in Sevierville. The box looks like a mystery waiting to be solved (As LOC would say, "Good Ol' Fashioned Bus Smack!", Loc see what you are missing?) Count me in, again, as a participate.

Hector

I owned a 2000 Country Coach Magna before I bought my Country Coach Prevost in July so I have some familiarity with the ECC. I would be glad to join in, help diagnose and/or reverse engineer if necessary the ECC system in Tennessee. For better or worse I was an electronic geek (actually nerd back then) for most of my workiing career so I might be more helpful doing this then finding an air leak. I guess I will leave Mr Bubble at home and bring the Oscilloscope instead.

Miles & Laura Circo
    2004 Country Coach 45' XLII D/S

Quote Originally Posted by dreamchasers View Post
    Truk4u, thanks for the link. He has very interesting stuff on the site.

I wonder if now is the time to suggest a side seminar to share knowledge on the Country Coach ECC. For starters, Flyu2there seems to have acquired knowledge on the workings of the GSD board. My coach has a wire disconnected in the dash, '#184', that has something to do with the GSD. I would like to know more of the GSD workings to sort our where to plug in back into. I am certainly willing to participate and support the effort , but at this stage someone else would need to take the lead. I have yet to see the backplane of the ECC yet and have zero experience with the device. The white switches seem interesting.

I will have my portable PC and an LCD projector for any demos (Or even movie night?).

Does anyone have a training manual or know where to get data on the ECC? That would be handy.

Hector

Hector,

Responding to this older thread. Does you fuel gauge work? According to my drawings the 184 wire is power to the fuel gauge from the GSD card.

I think that CC has had so many problems with this that they jump the circuit board completely, but, to work as intended it really should be corrected.

BTW I have a couple GSD cards, factory new from Innercity in Eugene...the vendor who made that thing they call a motherboard, daughterboard and assorted cards.

John

dreamchasers Guest

Yes, my fuel gage does work. After several conversations with Nick Hessler on this subject, he (we) have concluded that the #184 wire that is disconnected was done so to disable the voice synthesizer announcing the low fuel warning. I am not 100% sure at this point, but I will work the issue when I return from Sevierville.

Nick stated that he had seen this done before.

Thanks for the response.

Hector

Hector,

As I am sure you know the GSD card was installed so that the generator will shut down when the fuel qty. indication reaches 1/8 tank. It will also warn you of lo fuel quantity when this signal trips. It also monitors vehicle battery voltage from the 391 wire which is connected to the master switch in the engine compartment and is the source for power to your fuel gauge. All of this "stuff" is transmitted to the voice processor.......appropriate oral warnings are issued from there.

So, if the fuel gauge works it tells me that it is receiving power from another (hot 12V) source....probably a fault on the GSD Card caused the original issue. As I mentioned I have a couple of them which I will be happy to ship to you should you be so inclined.......

Probably not a big issue unless the generator auto start goes off some time and, in theory, it could run you out of diesel. However if you are aware of this it's really a non event....I just like things that run according to design.

John
    Last edited by flyu2there; 04-08-2008 at 10:00 AM.