Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boards on ECC in Country Coach

Default Boards on ECC in Country Coach

While trying to locate the fuse for my left bank of curb lights, I got Paulette to help me determine which circuit each daughter board on the ECC controls. This is not a comprehensive list, but it is everything that I could see when she pushed every switch in the front of the coach.

Since my Left Curb Lights don't work when any of the switches are energized, I am assuming that they are controlled by Board #8, since #8 controls the Right Curb Lights. I realize the CC manual has several pages of wiring diagrams that list some of these circuits, but not all.

Daughter Boards on ECC

Starting from Left side of mother board:

1. Rear Flood Lights
    2. Cabinet Lights--Bath Ceiling Lights
    3. Galley Ceiling Lights—Galley Overhead Light
    4. Air Compressor—Bedroom Ceiling Lights
    5. Isle Lights—Bay Lights
    6. Step Cover—Air Tank Purge—Front bumper Release
    7. Fresh Water Fill—Water Pump—Porch Light—Fresh Water Drain
    8. Fog Lights—Right Curb Lights—Left Curb Lights
    9. Mood Lights
    10.Backup Alarm—Webasto Preheat
    11.Engine Block Heat—AC Power meter—Entry Light
    12.Speech Mute—Panel Lights just inside door-Air Door Lock
    14.Generator Start/Stop—Gen Auto Mode—Gen Boost
    15. Bay Door Unlock—Bay Door Lock
    17. Dash Heat Exchanger
    18. Fresh Water Heater 1 and 2—Interior Heat Exchanger-Central Heat Control
    19. Living Room Ceiling Lights- Right
    21. Living Ceiling Lights- Left
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

As I was troubleshooting the boards to locate the problem with my curb lights, everything seemed to be working on the boards, and I had no blown fuses. My next step was to swing out the ECC and look at the rear of the motherboard as Truk had recommended.

Unfortunately, I realized that the sliding Joey Bed prevents the motherboard from swinging out, so that was a definite roadblock. Since it looks like a significant chore to remove the Joey Bed, I may at least temporarily tolerate not having the left bank of curb lights.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Dale,

I ran into the same problem with CC's drawings, there is a lot of missing information. Sorry you ran into the roadblock with the Joey bed, I don't have one and wished I did, but know I'm glad I don't.

When we get to Sevierville, we can open mine up and you can see all the little goodies on the back of the mother board. Some of the Daughter boards have several functions on the board and they're not identified in the drawings.
    When it's open, it's easy to find each function because all the wires are numbered and you can then refer to the wire number pages in the book.

Do you have the wire number pages in your book? If not, I'll copy them and mail to you.

Talking

Check the back of the Motherboard for the "mini" switches. These are latching relays used to troubleshoot components in the system, they look like little white buttons, generally in groups of three. Should one of those relays been accidently pushed in theory they will latch on or off a sub system.

I accidently latched out the CC over the road air this way.

Might be worth a look

Our newest member flyu2there has entered the asylum called POG in a big way.

He makes you turkeys that think you are hot stuff being in the TBC (two bus club) look like amatuers. This man has three coaches (not all buses) so show the man a little respect.

Welcome aboard Fly. Don't be afraid to spank these kids if they get out of hand.

Flyman, I've been watching for ya, welcome aboard the nuthouse. You have to give Jon a break, his plane has the wings in the wrong place and when the gear folds up, it looks like a buzzard with broken legs.

For those of you that don't know flyu2there, he is a CC owner and I met him on a CC bulletin board he started for Prevost owners. We're sure glad to have another CC owner here and he is a technical dude.

Thanks for joining up.....

My plane has its wings where mother nature intended for them to be.

Has anybody seen any birds with their wings coming from their belly? I rest my case.

Welcome aboard Flyman. There are several of us with 99 Country Coaches on this site. Hope to see you in Tn. By the way, what is your Coach #. Mine is 60382.

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

dreamchasers Guest

When you guys, Country Coach Owners, start tinkering with the ECC in Tenn, please let me know. I have not had a problems with mine yet, but it does look interesting. I will be in Tenn for the Rally. I will be working with Jon on a suspension presentation. It will be easy to recognize me, I am the newbie.

What is the web site address of 'flyu2there's website for Country Coach Prevost owners?

"I met him on a CC bulletin board he started for Prevost owners"

I would certainly like to check it out.

Hector

Hector,

This is the site, but I think we'll be hearing a lot from John here on POG:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...vost/message/1