Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Important Spare Parts????

Default Important Spare Parts????

The folks at Marathon have offered (I accepted) to create a spare parts drive away box of hard to find, most needed spares, from fuses, breakers, belts etc. for both the Marathon and the Prevost sides of the coach. Do any of you know of important parts that I should have in my spare parts locker that I should ask about as part of a check list. Marathon seems to have access to beyond their own stuff, lots of Prevost stuff, and I would rather have extras then to sit on the side of the road. Any advice would be appreciated.

Bruce

Default See articles

Bruce, go to 'Articles' from the home page. On page 2 is a great list from JDUB for spare parts. You will also find other suggestions from various POGers in that section.

Quote Originally Posted by Darl-Wilson View Post
    Bruce, go to 'Articles' from the home page. On page 2 is a great list from JDUB for spare parts. You will also find other suggestions from various POGers in that section.
    Ok, you got me, where is the Articles page. I must be confused, can't find it.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce

Default On Home Page

Bruce, go to the POG Home from the Quick Links above and there you will find the "Article" listing.

If you come through Reno to pickup Jim I would like to meet you and at least say 'hey'. Incidently, Reno is about 1/2 hour from Truckee on I-80.

If you need anything while you're in town let me know.

Darl

I would add that the original list was a suggestion from Prevost. I have refined that for what I have in the coach from my three years of experience.

In addition to a replacement for every belt on the coach or generator, I have spare fuses and bulbs for most items. Since the XL2 clearance lights come as an assembly, I just have a spare yellow one.

Rubber stuff. The grommets with the threads that hold the marker lights on are also used to hold the dash panel on in the Marathon. The guy installing my new GPS system twisted two of them off and was fretting about it when I opened the bay door and took out my plastic box and produce two new ones. He about crapped. I told him this wasn't my first rodeo with those buggers. I also keep a handful of rubber bumpers. Why? Well they are everywhere. Bay door handles, rear engine doors, etc. I even changed out two on Gary D's coach when we were in Branson. So you need them, the rivets and a pop rivet gun.

Thanks to Jack14R, I have a spare Delco alternator that fits nicely in the area just forward of where the ladder stores next to the water pump / hot water heaters.

Lots of screws and now I have spare pins for my tow bar (go read my Hummer Oh $hit post).

Wire ties, Webasto parts (nozzle, filter, photocell), fuel filters, hose clamps and a bunch of crap from the old coach that I need to look thru to cull. I am sure there are some 8V92 parts.

I also have a spare oil pressure and turbo boost sensor for the Series 60 ($20 each on eBay)

I am sure this is not comprehensive, but without looking this is all I can think of. Between Jim Scoggins and Jon they have enough "stuff" to keep you in some kind of parts as we did some impromptu mechanic work at POG IV and they produced the goods.

This might be a good topic for a POG V walk-a-round. Show your spares. I know I always add something after every rally. Last time it was the tools Nick suggested. I got most of them on eBay for cheap and I really like the Fluke dual thermometer.

JDUB

Default All The Spares You Need

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Go with JDUB's list, but this ain't a bad backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    I would add that the original list was a suggestion from Prevost. I have refined that for what I have in the coach from my three years of experience.

In addition to a replacement for every belt on the coach or generator, I have spare fuses and bulbs for most items. Since the XL2 clearance lights come as an assembly, I just have a spare yellow one.

Rubber stuff. The grommets with the threads that hold the marker lights on are also used to hold the dash panel on in the Marathon. The guy installing my new GPS system twisted two of them off and was fretting about it when I opened the bay door and took out my plastic box and produce two new ones. He about crapped. I told him this wasn't my first rodeo with those buggers. I also keep a handful of rubber bumpers. Why? Well they are everywhere. Bay door handles, rear engine doors, etc. I even changed out two on Gary D's coach when we were in Branson. So you need them, the rivets and a pop rivet gun.

Thanks to Jack14R, I have a spare Delco alternator that fits nicely in the area just forward of where the ladder stores next to the water pump / hot water heaters.

Lots of screws and now I have spare pins for my tow bar (go read my Hummer Oh $hit post).

Wire ties, Webasto parts (nozzle, filter, photocell), fuel filters, hose clamps and a bunch of crap from the old coach that I need to look thru to cull. I am sure there are some 8V92 parts.

I also have a spare oil pressure and turbo boost sensor for the Series 60 ($20 each on eBay)

I am sure this is not comprehensive, but without looking this is all I can think of. Between Jim Scoggins and Jon they have enough "stuff" to keep you in some kind of parts as we did some impromptu mechanic work at POG IV and they produced the goods.

This might be a good topic for a POG V walk-a-round. Show your spares. I know I always add something after every rally. Last time it was the tools Nick suggested. I got most of them on eBay for cheap and I really like the Fluke dual thermometer.

JDUB
    Excellent info Jerry. I will compare this with the the original JDUB parts list. Then I will see what Marathon is preparing and get back.

Thanks again.

Bruce

Whoa Mel Torme,

Corona Kelly is not going to be happy about that post.

corona_2444.jpg

mm

(bonus post for five-0)
    Last edited by MangoMike; 03-02-2008 at 08:26 PM.

Default Improved Spares List

Bruce, go with Mike's list.