Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaker for Curb Lights

Dale,

Mine has separate switches for left and right side as well as rear. Each button is controlled by the boards in the ECC. Your not going to find a fuse anywhere else except in that cabinet. The ECC is that big scary cabinet in the 1st bay. Remove the plexiglass and check all the fuses, there are about 30 or 40 of them. If none of the fuses are blown, you have to open the cabinet and look on the back of the mother board for the corresponding wire number. At that wire number there is a manual mini switch that serves the same function as your button. There is also a little red light. When the switch on the dash is pushed, it illuminates that light. If not, you can press the mini switch to verify the little red light comes on and the curb lights work. If it works with the manual switch and not with the dash button, you have a daughter board problem. Daughter boards are the vertical boards attached to the big mother board. If you only have one button for the lights, there should be two wires at the board, left lights and right lights.

You have to remember with the CC, everything goes to or through that ECC and for the most part, that's where all the fuses are located. There are other fuses for the digital dash and I can scare you later with that.

If you don't have the wire numbers in your electrical drawing, let me know and I can give you the number.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

When you say 2 switches do you mean 1 for one side and one for the other?

Pull the switch plate and start looking around with a circuit tester in there that is where I would start. Those bulbs are probably 1156's and 8 on a circuit is not too much IMO.

Tom, I looked at every board in the ECC a few days ago and didn't find one that I could identify as the one for the curb lights. I will do this again since you are telling me that is where it has to be.

Joe, There are two switches for each bank of lights. I can turn on either the left side from a group of switches over the driver, or I can turn them on from the 1st bay.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Default Take Tom's advice

Dale, I am almost sure Truk is right about those lights being being in the ECC in the 1st bay. My CC has the house electric fused in there. As Tom wrote, look for the little LED type lights at every connection which is easier than checking each fuse. If the light is out you will likely need a new fuse. I was sent to this location to find the fuse for my toilet and solved that problem and also found 3 other failed fuses.

I have the switches for my white side lights above the drivers seat, on the passenger side next to the door, in two bays, and in the bedroom. I doubt that it is the switch but the fuse as directed by Tom. Good Luck!

I am going to go back through each board on the ECC panel when I get a chance. I did find one blown fuse the last time I looked there, but it wasn't the curb lights.
    Dale & Paulette

Dale, Does the curb light switch in the back bedroom turn the curb lights on ?

99 Country Coach 45XL
    Jeep Liberty

dreamchasers Guest

Dale,

I am interested in the outcome of the curb lights, because my Country Coach also has the left and right curb light feature. I have the Country Coach Recreational Vehicle Service Manual, brown binder, with references to the cards in the ECC, Electronic Control Cabinet. However, enough detail does not exist to determine which card output serves what function.

However, in the wire number identification section, wire #257D, red, 'V+ to drivers side curb lights' and #257P, red, 'V+ to passengers side curb lights' are the references given. Hope this helps.

Let us know the resolution, please.

Hector

Jim K., None of my switches work for the left side, that's why I am assuming/hoping it is something simple like a fuse.

Hector, I too have looked through the brown binder and did not see a page that addressed the curb lights. Thanks for the info on the wires. I have checked the volatage at the lights and there is none, so I know it isn't just a bulb or connection problem.

My coach is in Alabama at the present, so it will be a day or two before I get over there. I will let everyone know what I find. I do hope it is just a fuse that I am overlooking in the ECC.
    Dale & Paulette

Dale,

What was the resolution to this problem? It's back.

Gil and Durlene
    2003 H-3 Hoffman Conversion

Gil,

I have re-read this thread trying to remember the resolution to the problem. I can't believe I didn't post it. I also looked through all the maintenance logs, and I don't see any mention there, so I assume I did not buy any components to resolve the issue. Although I can't remember, I think it was something to do with one of the switches or it was a fuse on the front side of the ECC. I know I did not open the ECC and check anything on the back side. I would also make sure I had a good ground on that left side. Sorry I can't recall the resolution.
    Dale & Paulette