Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaker for Curb Lights

Default Breaker for Curb Lights

None of my left curb lights are working, and I have not yet found which breaker they run through. Does anyone know which breaker this is and where it is located?
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Hi Dale. Docking lights are controlled by a switch on the dash, as well as your turn signal n my Liberty. Breaker located on drivers side access door. Now if your refering to Bay and door lights, it might be with fuses in your fuse bay.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Gary, These are the same as your docking lights. Country Coach calls them curb lights. There are 5 clear ones on each side, with a switch over the driver and one in the bay. My right bank is working, but none of the left. I have looked in the access door under the driver and in my other bank of fuses, but I haven't found the right one.
    Last edited by dale farley; 03-01-2008 at 11:30 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

Dale,

Try taking one of the lens covers off and wiggle the bulb to see if it lights. I had the same problem and got them to work by twisting, turning and wiggling the bulbs. At that point I stopped looking for a fuse.

Denny

Denny,

I changed the bulbs and wiggled them, with no results. I checked the contacts with a meter and had no voltage.
    Last edited by dale farley; 03-02-2008 at 12:33 AM.
    Dale & Paulette

Judi Brown Guest

Default Lights

HI Gary
    We had same problem on our liberty
    On drivers side is fuse panel , you see fuse panel pull open and there is another row of fuses behind it and that breaker was tripped. We drove home with know signal lights and guy on another board named ace told my husband
    about this and that was the problem.
    JB

I think there is confusion as to which lights they are.

If it is the two spotlights on the side, as Gary points out they are "Cornering" or "Docking" lights in Prevost speak. Check the switch Dale.

If they are the 1970 vintage Chevy pickup lights with the clear lens, they are "Cargo" lights in Liberty speak. That's a house issue and could be fused in the house electric panel.

If it is the side marker lights that come on with headlights or parking lights they are Prevost and since only one side is out that is either a CB, or more likely a terminal for the feed on that circuit.

The lights I am referring to are not driving lights of any kind. These are the clear lights that are on the bay doors. I've attached a couple pictures. Lighting is not too good, but I think everyone will get the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dale & Paulette

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Just a guess but do you think that is is nessessary to fuse each side seperatly? I do not. The control switches on ours are split left and right but there is only one hot lead going to it. I think you will find a bad connection someplace, or a bad switch for that side.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 03-02-2008 at 08:52 AM.

Joe,

I am assuming there are two different breakers/fuses because there are a total of 6 lights on each side and they are pretty hot bulbs. There are two switches for each side, but neither of them turn on the left bank of lights. I must be missing something, but I have not found any breaker so far. I am replacing the bulbs with sone that are about half the wattage of the existing ones. The original bulbs tend to burn the terminals they get so hot.
    Dale & Paulette