Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TWO, Count 'em TWO New Rallies

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Default TWO, Count 'em TWO New Rallies

OK.

D'Prevostman is on a roll.

How about:

1. We get a late July in Maine/New England rally going and have an unannounced inspection of Prevost Car at Ste. Claire? I don't know why I like that idea so much, but even Lew liked it in conversation.

2. Thinking about a Florida New Year's Rally. Since most of us really don't stay up late enough for ringing in the New Year, we could call it something else.

Lemme know or post yer comments.

Default Pog2osh

We have a late July rally in the works; sort of. In Wisconsin..

Jon, Mike and I are going to rally the coaches at the world's biggest airshow; the Experimental Aircraft Association's "AirVenture" or "Oshkosh" as it was formerly known.

There are some 750,000 visitors to this airshow each year and we think we have a cool place to put the coaches, just off the North 40 airplane camping area.

Now I can really see Lew fired up for this one, but Mike wants to try and have more Prevost coaches there than airplanes

Jon will be giving a talk on Similarity of Engineering on Prevosts and Bonanzas

We will be holding the Prevost / Bonanza - Common Parts Workshop here

Mike will hold a seminar on Can This Christmas Be Saved? Why I Need A Toad With Wings

lewpopp Guest

Whoopee...I'm getting wet already thinking about the Oshkosh air show.

If you do attend, maybe while you are north, we could work the northeast into your itinery.

You could even stop off in Elmira on the way and we would attach ourselves to the convoy

You could even tour the Warplane Museum in the Elmira/Corning area. Glider capital of something. Used to be of the world when I was a kid, but it lost out to the Swiss I guess.

The Corning Museum is a site to behold also. Hell, have the rally in Elmira and bring Prevost to us out of Canada.

No, the trip to Maine and Prevost sounds interesting If my hospital stays are small. Lewie is a cripple, ya know.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Default Jeff

If you will be in Fla. for new years we will deffinatly attend. We pull out of Chicago the day after christmas, make a bounce in Scottsburro Al. to visit with family and then its down to the end of the road till Feb. I was told you had to be south of I-10 in the winter or your club membership doubled?

Where did you have in mind?

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Debbie & Joe:

We'd definitely be up for a New Year's rally in Florida. We would welcome anyone from 'up north' (which for the Florida crowd means anyone north of Orlando.

Let's see how many other people we can rope into a rally, then find a place in Central FLA. Usually Lew is at Prevost in Jacksonville during the winter, but perhaps he can take a break from all of that to grace us with his presence?

Mike is around and he knows guys who know guys.

I could probably talk the webmaster at Prevost stuff into sponsoring a thing on that site and we could bring in some fresh meat to insult, er, welcome into the group.

Sounds like you have a winning idea!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Jeff There is an island at the 70mm in the keys and last year it was purchased and all the regulars were told Jan feb mar 06 would be it. Just for kicks we called there a while back and what luck to find out building permits were delayed. They took tenative reservations from us for Jan07 and told us we could confirm in august. If this place stays open 1 more year great oceanfront sites regulars have had tied up for decades will be available. Fiesta key koa 1-800-562-7730. Mabye some would be interested in following us down from central Fla.after the New Years,and continuing the season but it would all be tennative until August. Keep us posted on places you have in mind!

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Joe: Sounds like a winner to me. The idea is to get to places you haven't been before. There are lotsa nifty places and we're up for the adventure!

As we roll along here, perhaps we'll get a New Year's mini-rally going and get a headcount.

For now, we have at least two coaches. I can't believe that Mango would turn down an opportunity to be fully immersed in Mangodom when it is snowing up North.

They have 'blocks' in Florida, too.

lewpopp Guest

Again, what are the dates you 3 stooges will be at the Oshkosh show?

Lew,

We'll be at OSH Friday July 21 to the 26th. The Official Air Show starts on July 24th to July 30th. We're getting there a little early to see the Bonanza Show w/ JDUB and a 100 of his closest friends as they arrive on Saturday the 22nd in formation.

If you have any interest at all in avaition you want to see this circus. They're expecting about 10,000 aircraft - and a couple of Prevo's.

Lots of details at:
    http://www.airventure.org/

Mike said it best;

"We'll be at OSH Friday July 21 to the 26th. The Official Air Show starts on July 24th to July 30th. We're getting there a little early to see the Bonanza Show w/ JDUB and a 100 of his closest friends as they arrive on Saturday the 22nd in formation."

Lew, surely you need a break from all that sedate NY life and why not come hang out with your bus buddies in aviation mecca? In just a few days, you would be a plane talkin guru.

And the best part is you will be parked directly across from these birdmen.

JDUB at Work

This is why MangoMike wants to attend.......