Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It has Begun

Hybrid View

Default It has Begun

Here is our First Picture,

CIMG1837 [100].JPG

Yes we have a Bus Barn now .

14' x 14' x 50' Concrete pad, 50amp service installed, self locking storage in a gated locked storage facility.

Gary S.

Default Flying Up on Wednesday

We fly up to Angola, In. to pick up our bus on Wednesday. Plan on spending two days at Angola with Bob Makin @ Panterra Coach, going over the systems, video taping the information, and getting to know the bus. Then we plan on heading for home through Atlanta, on Friday.

Oh, here is one more picture of what we are picking up.

2001 American 45XLIISS [%P].jpg

We are so excited, it is a damn shame it is snowing and only about 30 degrees out?

Wish us luck getting home.

Gary S.

Just remember if you are not real experienced at driving through snow there is always another day, and if you wait a little while it usually melts.

Your driving may be perfect, but there are a lot of others out there on the road who could end up sliding into your new ride.

Let's see more pictures and hear more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Just remember if you are not real experienced at driving through snow there is always another day, and if you wait a little while it usually melts.

Your driving may be perfect, but there are a lot of others out there on the road who could end up sliding into your new ride.

Let's see more pictures and hear more about it.
    Thanks Jon for the valued, Snow driving thoughts. And you are correct we won't be leaving if there is snow on the road way. But according to the weather forcast, it is suppose to clear up the day we arrive, and only be damn Cold, and hopefully no more precepitation?

Will send more pictures when we get them, and after it is home. Looking forward to our visit in Tennessee with everyone.

Loc and JDUB have already promised to come over and wash and wax it for me when we get home...! Aren't they special friends.
    Gary S.

They actually do real well in snow. We have plowed snow with the front bumper when we were using it for trade shows. But, the windshield is a great big refrigerator, and driving in the cold, especially when it falls below zero it is almost impossible to keep warm in the front. And that was with the bus heat and defrosters on full, plus we had auxiliary heaters like the Webasto heat exchangers, and we had a propane furnace in the front, and we still froze.

Gary,

Now that you have a bus, could you buy a bigger camera?

Can't wait to see the new rig. Where is the bus barn located?

Default Bus State Inspection

I was informed that I need a state inspection for the bus, before I can get new Texas Tags.

Loc, JDUB, where do I take this big boy to get it inspected? Someplace with a nice easy in and out, if possible. I am still learning you know, and I won't have my co pilot to help me watch for trees, curbs, other vehicles.

I was hoping to go tomorrow, cause the bus is currently out of the barn?

Oh yea, that brings up another story that just happend to me today. "YOUR GONNA LOVE THIS ONE."

I was told I would have 50 amp service in my new barn when I got home. Well we pulled in late Sunday afternoon, a little worn from the trip, slowly backing it in, but before I get all the way in, I decide to test the New 50 amp plug, before I plug the bus in. My tester says, STOP DON'T PLUG YOUR BUS IN, so I don't and I wait until I can meet with the electricians this evening to find out if they mis wired the plug>>>>>>>?????

MISWIRED is an understatement, those IDIOTS, took the normal 110v circuit wire, and connected it to the 50amp plug, and thought that would give me 50 amp service.

They will be pulling new wire and connecting properly for my 50 amp service tomorrow ? UNBELIEVABLE

Hi Gary. You've probably heard this : The cheapest investent you will ever make is to hire a Licensed Contractor.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Find any inspection place close to where the bus is then go by there and see if you can actually get the coach "close". I called one then went by to inspect it to make sure. They don't get the concept of how big these busses really are.

Also don't forget you will need to have the coach weighed, so unless you already have a slip, you will need to get that done as well.

dalej Guest

So let me see if I have this...

In Texas you need a inspection, you find a inspection location, you then inspect it and then have a inspection!