Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: It has Begun

And ... The product is ???

Default Water Spot REMOVAL

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    And ... The product is ???

Sorry Ray it was late last night, and I fell asleep at the keyboard, before I could list the product.

It is called Metal Cleaner by Jakel Products. http://metalwax.com/METAL%20CLEANER.htm

This is also the product I used to clean my SS before I applied by hand the TopWax, and Spray Wax products all over the bus.

I know it sounds funny, using MetalCleaner on the windows, but TRUST ME when I say, this product REALLY WORKS. I had spots on the outside of all my windows, and the detail guy said he has tried everything on the market before, and is not able to get water spots off. So I called Austin at Jakel Products, and he suggested I try the MetalCleaner, and it WORKED.

I will in the next post outline my steps to a beautiful SPOT FREE Window.

Gary S.

Default Water Spot REMOVAL

Ok so here is how I removed the water spots from my windows.

I used a Terry Cloth towel, ( instead of microfiber ) because I wanted the texture of the towel to help in removing the spots.

I sprayed the window with MetalCleaner ( Green Chemical ) wiped the window several times, leaving the spray on the glass till it evaporates. This starts the chemical reaction between the cleaner and the spots.

Wait a few minutes, and then spray the glass again with MetalCleaner and wipe in an up and down motion ( instead of circular like you do when waxing ) so you can feel the resistance on the glass, between the clean glass, and the glass with spots still on it. Wait a little while longer till the spray evaporates, then wipe again with the treated towel until you can see all of the spots are GONE..... I mean they really are gone

Then I applied Jakel's other product, TopWax to all of my glass. Man what a difference. I know I am new, but trust me when I say, their products really work. Call Austin, and talk to him. (408) 848-1497

Gary S.

Sounds great Gary. Is there a special way to use the stuff on your stainless?

Ray

Default Highly Recommended

Gary S. Could not agree you with more.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Cool%2.../metalwax.html
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

lewpopp Guest

If that product fails, I have heard the the use of a ball-peen hammer works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Davis View Post
    Sounds great Gary. Is there a special way to use the stuff on your stainless?

Ray
    Ray, Not such a special way, just follow the directions. I used it so far on 1/3 of the S/S and it works great. It is a long process, and I hope that it works as well on the ss as it did on the windows.

Spray and Wipe on MetalCleaner on all non painted stainless, than use Spray On Polish, and wipe to a luster. It is hard work, but I guess I should have known that. It too really works well, but the water spot removal was the biggest thrill.

I guess since I started this, I should finish it:

(3 ) Products to use on the Bus.

MetalCleaner for windows and Non Painted Stainless, and wheels too.

TopWax for just as the name implies, the top of the bus where most of the painted surface's are.

Aerosol Spray on Polish, for naked Stainless. Spray on and Wipe to a lusterous finish. ( Requires Lots of Rubbing to bring out the luster )

Hope this helps

Gary S

Quote Originally Posted by rfoster View Post
    Gary S. Could not agree you with more.

http://www.prevoman.com/Pages/Cool%2.../metalwax.html
    Roger, did you ever use MetalCleaner on your windows? I see you used it well on the engine, and remember now you won several awards ! Very Nice Job.

Gary S.

Gary S

Never had acid rain on the glass, so never used the metal cleaner on the glass. ( I have been told that my bus has had a sheltered life by the previous owner and definitely since I have owned it).

I use the MetalWax on the stainless to brighten it up and to remove road rash and small scratches. Use the top wax on painted surfaces and it works well. I have also used Meguairs quick wax, or Rally Carnuba Wax and they all seem to work very well and similar to the top wax.

We have a store bought acid rain remover we use in the car business. Pretty labor intensive, and I can bring some to the Tn Rally for folks to try. We also have a home brew mix that has more kick and we use it more often. (caution will remove fingers if not careful).

This waxing crap helps keep your shoulders and arms in shape or should I say sore.

Happiness is a shiney bus!!
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost