Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It has Begun

Default It has Begun

Here is our First Picture,

CIMG1837 [100].JPG

Yes we have a Bus Barn now .

14' x 14' x 50' Concrete pad, 50amp service installed, self locking storage in a gated locked storage facility.

Gary S.

Default Flying Up on Wednesday

We fly up to Angola, In. to pick up our bus on Wednesday. Plan on spending two days at Angola with Bob Makin @ Panterra Coach, going over the systems, video taping the information, and getting to know the bus. Then we plan on heading for home through Atlanta, on Friday.

Oh, here is one more picture of what we are picking up.

2001 American 45XLIISS [%P].jpg

We are so excited, it is a damn shame it is snowing and only about 30 degrees out?

Wish us luck getting home.

Gary S.

Just remember if you are not real experienced at driving through snow there is always another day, and if you wait a little while it usually melts.

Your driving may be perfect, but there are a lot of others out there on the road who could end up sliding into your new ride.

Let's see more pictures and hear more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wehrenberg View Post
    Just remember if you are not real experienced at driving through snow there is always another day, and if you wait a little while it usually melts.

Your driving may be perfect, but there are a lot of others out there on the road who could end up sliding into your new ride.

Let's see more pictures and hear more about it.
    Thanks Jon for the valued, Snow driving thoughts. And you are correct we won't be leaving if there is snow on the road way. But according to the weather forcast, it is suppose to clear up the day we arrive, and only be damn Cold, and hopefully no more precepitation?

Will send more pictures when we get them, and after it is home. Looking forward to our visit in Tennessee with everyone.

Loc and JDUB have already promised to come over and wash and wax it for me when we get home...! Aren't they special friends.
    Gary S.

They actually do real well in snow. We have plowed snow with the front bumper when we were using it for trade shows. But, the windshield is a great big refrigerator, and driving in the cold, especially when it falls below zero it is almost impossible to keep warm in the front. And that was with the bus heat and defrosters on full, plus we had auxiliary heaters like the Webasto heat exchangers, and we had a propane furnace in the front, and we still froze.

Gary,

Now that you have a bus, could you buy a bigger camera?

Can't wait to see the new rig. Where is the bus barn located?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Winchester View Post
    Gary,

Now that you have a bus, could you buy a bigger camera?
    Can't wait to see the new rig. Where is the bus barn located?
    Jer, it is not the size of the camera that matters, it is how you use it. !
    I think that is how the saying goes ?

My storage facility is 9 miles from my house, on Hiway 99 and Harlem Road. I will give you better directions, when you and Loc come over, don't forget to bring a hose, bucket and ladder?

Very secure, gated with onsite mgr. and totally enclosed as you can see.

Gary S.

ajhaig Guest

Gary,

Great looking coach! We also bought ours from Pantera, they are great.

Please send my best to Bob and Don.

Congratulations and enjoy!

Gary,

If your coming through Atlanta, I'm 19 miles off I-75 at exit 306, that's way north of Atlanta. There's a great place to fuel there, the Q-T and I'll run out and buy you lunch, coffee or something.

Have fun.....

Thanks Tom thats very nice of you.

PM me your phone number so we can stay in touch. Still don't know our exact schedule so will have to play it by ear. Our daughter and her family live in Alpharetta, so that is our main goal, but will stay in touch with you.

Thanks.

Gary S