Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seat Belts

Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
    Hi 0533. My Liberty has lap seat belts and I feel vulnerabele when not buckled. My previous plastic Coaches all had Shoulder type belts as well as belts for all couches and seats.
    I just don't feel safe w/o my belt buckled. Beats me how much protection it gives.
    Good morning Gary,

I have both seats out of the coach while they redo the floor. I emailed Pat, and asked him to find some seat belts and get them installed. My wife has no interest in running without them.

Quote Originally Posted by Petervs View Post
    Hi 0533 Pam and Bruce,

My Marathon coach was built by Marathon to use as a demo coach, it was built to their specs, not some customer's. It was the first one they did that was 45 feet and had the Series 60.I believe the seat belts were original equipment.

I always thought Marathon was a little funny about how they wanted to retain separation between the Prevost part and the Marathon part as far as technology and equipment went. they tried real hard not to mess with wiring, pneumatics, etc that Prevost had built, rather they just added their stuff over and above. This has made troubleshooting relatively easier I think.

I suspect some previous owner of your coach removed the seat belts. And I think they could easily be reinstalled. There may have been carpet replacement that covers up the mounting holes?
    If Pat doesn't have any around, I guess they will have to come in from Quebec. I have all of the original build sheets, diagrams etc on my computer and found in the build sheets where they referred to the IRSI seats, along with seat belts and and a seat belt extension request. If you have seen these build sheets, they show standard stuff, then at the bottom of each page there are special customer requests in black type.

Default State Laws for seat belts

FWIW, This link has some old data about seatbelt requirements in every state. The newest info I could find is 2006. This is 2005 but is fairly comprehensive.

FYI, our CC has the same seat belts installed as some of the others that own this brand and the same as Peter's Marathon; Drivers and passenger plus belts on the couch. Feds say that being belted in side facing seats (couches) is unsafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darl-Wilson View Post
    FWIW, This link has some old data about seatbelt requirements in every state. The newest info I could find is 2006. This is 2005 but is fairly comprehensive.

FYI, our CC has the same seat belts installed as some of the others that own this brand and the same as Peter's Marathon; Drivers and passenger plus belts on the couch. Feds say that being belted in side facing seats (couches) is unsafe.
    It was an oversite on my part, and must have been so for Marathon during the PDI. Oregon clearly requires seat belts on the link you sent me to. thanks for the info.

Bruce