Quote Originally Posted by Petervs View Post
I have a 94 marathon with ISRI drivers seat, it has a lap belt. The passenger seat is an extra wide, flexsteel brand or some such with tilt, recline, and leg support. It too has a lap belt.

The sofa has three lap belts installed, and those ate tucked in the crevice between the seat bottom and back because nobody ever sits there when we drive.

The original two barrel chairs and the dinette area has labels under the windows stating that these seats are not to be used when the vehicle is in motion, installed by Marathon.

We use the lap belts all the time.
Hello Peter,

I am wondering if your coach might have been, along with others customer requests as opposed to requirements. I'll bet that at least at Marathon (Oregon laws) they were not required. Of course this still does not explain the other 49 states. I plan on asking Marathon about this on Monday. After all how could they sell me a coach without seat belts if the law requires them? I just had Marathon replace the old TV in the salon, and had to meet DOT standards, welding it into place etc, paid dearly for this.