Thread: Can't get my Rear Up!

VegasDogMan Guest

Default Can't get my Rear Up!

Started coach this AM after sitting for a month, set High Idle and Level-Low to "Road" position. After 10 Minutes could not get the rear up.

Switched to Manual and was able to raise Rear without difficulty and it stays there with no apparent problem.

Now, question is... which valve is stuck? Something in front compartment that I can fix or do I need a pro?

Lee,

I've had this same issue in the past. Just cycling thru the different level options cleared up the problem.

But if you've haven't changed any of Norgren valves an upgrade may be in your future.

Mike

Hello Lee. When you set the switch to road, was it originally in manual or in auto level? Either way, when you originally turned off the coach, the solonoid was left in a certain position for a month. So , it probably got stuck or stuck the Norgren valve in a certain position. Cold weather may be a factor as well. So switching the solonoids to manual probably released the solonoid and the norgren valve.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Lee,

Since it is the back you stated, and not the RH rear or LH rear that points pretty clearly to the center solenoid in the stack in the steer compartment. I think you have the 5 valve stack. If the problem does not clear up by playing around with the various switches either the coil has gone bad or the solenoid valve itself isn't opening.

To verify this, lower the front and rear manually, then go to the "road" position. If the coach does not come up to the ride height it is the solenoid or the coil. If you have to drive somewhere, just swap it out with one of the other solenoids or coils until you can get a replacement. The other solenoids in that stack relate to manual leveling adjustments and for driving are not in play.