Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Completed Bus Barn

Default Completed Bus Barn

After a few months (off and on), I finally finished the construction of my bus barn today. Since I was adding on to an existing structure, I had some constraints (such as height), but I think it will serve the purpose. After stretching as much as I could and using a sliding door, I have managed to get 12' 6" clearance, so I will probably have to lower the suspension to clear the entry. I still have to install some lights, but I consider that very minor compared to the construction phase. The barn is 52' long, 15' wide and 12' 6" high at the door. It has a 20' service pit.

Now all I need is a bus to fill the hole. I am waiting on the Good Lord to send me one that I can afford. Or maybe He will just give me the common sense not to buy one until diesel goes back to $1.00 a gallon or pigs start flying. I am actively looking so we'll see what happens.

I uploaded 5 pictures on the next post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dale farley; 03-17-2013 at 10:02 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Pictures of the bus barn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dale & Paulette

Thumbs up

It looks real nice Dale. I like the white ceiling.

If you don't get a bus you can always use the pit for something else .........
    just add a couple bags of quick lime and water , just horsin around

Dale the bus barn looks great. I wish I was as far along as you. I have been working on mine for almost 2 months but I still have a way to go. Hopefully I will be working on the pit and floor over the next couple of weeks. Thanks to you and Jon I feel I have learned enough to start my pit. I should be ready to post some pictures soon.

Miles and Laura Circo
    2004 Country Coach XL II D/S
    Wittman, Maryland

Looks great Dale. You are going to enjoy the access a pit gives you.

Default Bus Barn

Dale,

The "barn" looks great but only after there is a bus in it can we call it a "Bus Barn". It took a lot of hard work but it is worth it and it gives such a great feeling of satisfaction when you stand back and admire it. Congratulations on your success.

Denny

Nice job Dale... At 12'6" you are for sure going to be a Cruiseair guy.

Thanks for the kind remarks. I've been servicing my four vehicles, tractors and other equipment using ramps for years, so I am looking forward to using the pit on things other than the bus.

Actually, I think the Good Lord has heard my prayers, and I am going to look at a bus tomorrow evening. If all goes well, I hope to have it in the barn Friday. Of course, several things could stop this from happening, so as I said before, we'll see.
    Dale & Paulette

Tom, The bus I am looking at does not have cruise airs. I think the clearance to the top of the AC's and satellite dome is 12' 7". I hope it is not any more than that. If so, I will have a nice building and a nice bus sitting beside the building.
    Last edited by dale farley; 02-20-2008 at 10:30 PM.
    Dale & Paulette

Default 12 Foot Door

Dale, Congrats on the new Home for the New Bus!! Looks great and wish that I would have had the fore thought to put in a pit when I built my place.

Unlike other opinions I believe a pit would enhance the resale value or least the usability to an equipment shed or bus barn or garage, cause the next guy is going to have toys or such that he would like to tend to. Worse case he can fill it up. Beats riding a creeper.

I have a 12 foot door and my XL with Satellite Dome has no problem entering as long as I drop the Air to zip in the front. I have paid for this education and if you pay as I have you will have no problem remembering to lower the coach before entering. It will work
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost