Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sliding and articulating TV mount.

Default Sliding and articulating TV mount.

Once upon a time I think I recall seeing a post on this forum regarding a sliding and articulating TV mount. It was for the bay storage area. The TV would slide in and out and once out would swivel for viewing. Am I dreaming, I did a search and no luck. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Roger,

We saw that on the AMADUS Coach in Sevierville. I would like to rig one of those up as well since the flat screen tv was up against the top of the bay and it removed all the "stuff" in the way so you could use the bay space better.

Didn't Rick make one for his coach? I thought he posted photos of it.

I believe Lew made one also. I think that his was more of a "slider". I'm happy with mine, so far it works pretty good and relatively easy to install. The only drawback I have is I don't have it wired into the satellite tv system, I didn't feel like playing around with that system so its either cable or DVD. But that shouldn't be a big deal to correct.
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

Default TV arm

Jim C: Boy that was quick. That is the thread I was looking for.

I don't know how I missed seeing the excellent job that Rick did with his Thompson.

I must have been looking at that old car or something. Nice job Rick! Thanks for the help.. I would like one that I can slide out then flip for viewing- will look some more - and share the info if successful. A guy may have to buy some drawer slides and build a frame to support and attach it to the bay wall then attach the articulating arm.

Lew talk to us--- were you successful?
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Link to Peerless

I had a mount like the one on the link below on a demonstration coach I had that worked well. I don't know about the "sliding out" part you refer to, but this company is more less the leader in brackets of all sorts. I think this one might be up your alley but go to the home page and start from sracth or call them if you don't see what you want.

http://www.peerlessmounts.com/dyn/Pr...categoryID/195

lewpopp Guest

I built a complete slideout including the felt to match the covering in the storage compartments.

I was held to a size tv that would fit by the depth of the compartment. I put it in a compartment that was shallow, about 24" deep. I could measure it but I'm too lazy.

I have trouble putting pictures on this forum so I sent completed pictures to Mango to put on his website. I am real pleased with it and it doesn't require space on either side for the swinging arm of the TV.

I layed awake nites trying to come up with a plan and then winged it. The mount was purchased at Wal-Mart for about 70-80 Lewbucks. Used 5/8" plywood for stability and used some drawer slides for the top and bottom. You can purchase slides to match the weight of the TV.

http://forum.prevostownersgroup.com/...4865#post24865

Roger
    I think I did this right. I think this is Lew's completed slide.
    Wendy and Rick DeSilva
    '08 Marathon H-3
    2017 F350 platinum
    Mahwah, NJ
    Brant Beach, NJ
    Pelican Lake, Fla

Rick: I think you have a winner here. Do you have any more info on the mount manufacture and cost. I can fab one, but sometimes it's better to get one off the shelf money and time wise. I hear Jons brain whirring on fabbing one.
    Harry

Shirley & Harry / 2000 Liberty / 2008 GMC Envoy Denali