Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Broken down @ Marathon - Jon to the rescue!

Its funny how a single day can result in a totally different experience. I live in Jupiter Fl., less than a half an hour from Stuart, and was intent on finding a way to make a purchase from the folks at Liberty. My experience was only with their sales department, but I walked away with the feeling that these guys could hardly give me the time of day. They were unenthusiastic, and I felt like I was doing business with typical So. Florida sale people.

If I had only been introduced to the entire business, and not just the sale side, I might own a Liberty.

It only takes one bad encounter, on a day when your contact is off his or her game to reck the entire relationship. I find that if the business doesn't meet the "Feel Good Test" up front, then its best to move on. I moved all the way to Oregon. I have to say that I have an unfortunate Bias against So Florida businesses, and have done my best to try and work through my own deficiency in this regard. I find myself looking for flaws up front, I may be part of the problem.

Whereas I have only had a few experiences with Marathon, they have all been positive. I needed some trim and interior parts; they sent them to me for free. I need technical assistance; they call or e-mail promptly.

But my expectation is different. I didn't buy a coach from them, new or used, so I don't expect them to jump thru hoops for me. I also didn't want to buy a coach from a dealer or converter as I didn't want to pay the premium for the jump thru the hoop service. It all comes at a price.

Now I would add that even though my phone experience with Parliament was okay, I would not take my old coach there to sell it and I don't think Mike's experience there was positive either.

I think Jon's point is valid in that the more educated you are on your coach and it's systems, the more unlikely you are to get skinned or grossly disappointed.

I am sure we can wear this subject out and get nowhere. I have had three experiences with Prevost Ft. Worth. Two of them good, one bad. Would I go back? Sure. Unless we just want a forum to vent, I say we need to poke a fork in this one; its done.

Default The Fire Is Out

There you go!! JDUB done put out another FIRE.

Man, I totally agree with flaming this one out. My experience with service has most often been in line with my attitude and expectations and how I came across to the service department. A bit of this sounds like venting of sour grapes.

I have had several visits with Coburg and Dallas Marathon and Dallas Prevost--all good. Can't believe it is just due to good luck.