Thread: Broken down @ Marathon - Jon to the rescue!

Threaded View

ajhaig Guest

Default Broken down @ Marathon - Jon to the rescue!

This morning as we were leaving Marathon FL, I noticed that the bus was not airing up properly. After having spent nine days and mucho denaro at Marathon, I couldn't subject myself to dealing with them any more. We were literally broken down in the Marathon driveway and I was prepared to have the coach towed 180 miles to Prevost Jacksonville (yes, it was that bad)! So, I did what all good POGer's do, I called Jon.

After 15 minutes, Jon had the problem pinpointed to a bad part (I'm not sure what the thing is called) in the leveling system and he walked me through the procedure to replace it.

I went to the parts counter at Marathon and they didn't have what I needed in stock. On my way back to the bus I ran into one of the techs and I told him what was going on. The tech (this guy is a rose among thorns) went rummaging through an old parts bin in the garage and found the part I was looking for and gave me a few pointers as to how to install it.

Within 30 minutes we were on the road, THANKS JON!

The Marathon service department knew that we were having a serious problem and they made absolutely no effort (with the exception of the one tech) to offer any assistance. I felt like road kill in their parking lot. More on that horrible Marathon experience in my next post.
    Attached Images Attached Images