Jim opens the door a little to what may be the concerns of some owner. He mentions fear of retaliation. My first reaction is that I am sure a lot of coach owners have that concern, whether they express it or not. I think to a degree it may be a justified concern if the coach has a lot of proprietary features.

But rather than irritate a converter to the point where the service manager or the management really do want to retaliate I would think that the best path is to quietly step away and take your business elsewhere. Even on the most sophisticated coaches, with the greatest amount of converter installed proprietary operating systems there is an extremely high percentage of the coach or the house portion that can be worked on by anyone reasonably competent. By stepping away from a deteriorating situation you are preserving the future ability to get assistance when you truly need help.

I think each converter has to some extent their own proprietary devices or control systems in our coaches. That is the stuff that we as owners should save for the experts to repair or replace. But if an owner just doesn't respect or get along with the converter go find someone else to do the repairs or begin training yourself.