Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by win42 View Post
    A Liberty pulling a Liberty does have some sex appeal.
    Harry, don't forget to have it painted to match ? Oh wait, Jon says that is only if you are in the "PP" club. My mistake.

Gary S.

Orren Zook Guest

I'm looking to change from a Tahoe 5700# to something lighter and shorter. Jeep four door Wrangler 4wd or the Jeep Liberty 4wd are on my short list. No speed or mileage constraints except the 55MPH CA tow speed limit.
    A Liberty pulling a Liberty does have some sex appeal.
    Free Advice: Drive a Liberty for a couple of hours before you buy one. A few years ago (2002) I bought one to use as a toad an liked it pretty well until I had the opportunity to drive it non-stop for more than an hour. I'm 6' and couldn't get comfortable with the pedal arrangement, the transmission intrudes into the driver area and forced my feet too much to the left. I never had this leg room issue with a Wrangler or Grand Cherokee.

Harry,
    Would have to agree with Oren. Suggest you spend a little time in the Liberty before buying. As you know, we're not big folks but we both felt the front seat area was cramped.

Like Bruce and Pam, we also opted for a Vue and are happy with it. It has plenty of power, a very smooth 6 speed tranny and the back seats fold flat, good for the dog, groceries and fishing gear. We have also used it on some muddy two tracks in the woods and it does a great job AWD. Plus! If Lew drives one, it's got to be good, right?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianE View Post
    Harry,
    Would have to agree with Oren. Suggest you spend a little time in the Liberty before buying. As you know, we're not big folks but we both felt the front seat area was cramped.

Like Bruce and Pam, we also opted for a Vue and are happy with it. It has plenty of power, a very smooth 6 speed tranny and the back seats fold flat, good for the dog, groceries and fishing gear. We have also used it on some muddy two tracks in the woods and it does a great job AWD. Plus! If Lew drives one, it's got to be good, right?
    Just a quick note Brian. I just received my order from Coastline covers out in Ca. I ordered a custom cover that runs from the bumper to the top of the windshield. It works great, cost $314 and fits like a glove. the folks out there are really nice people, and have the 2008 Vue patterns. Everything lines up perfectly.

VUE negatives: harry, I find the Vue to be a great overall vehicle, quiet, fast, handles great, great fit and finish, but there is one problem in my opinion,. If you are a big person, I am not sure that you will find the seats very comfortable on long trips. Take a good drive, first, if this is a deal breaker for a purchase then check it out. Overall I would give the Vue XR a "A".

win42 Guest

Yeah I'm a big guy and you people are not making it any easier for me to get rid of my Tahoe. I love that car and have 93K miles on it an am due for a replacement. I am searching out the idea of building a powered hitch extender so I can keep the 202" Tahoe behind the 45Ft. Liberty. When the CHP nazi's stop us I can pull the toe car a little closer for a measurement. What ever happened to " Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness ". Does not exist in the land of the liberals.

For folks that want a little room consider the Grand Cherokee. I think the new ones are still short enough to keep a 45 footer legal.

Wink

Yeah, What ever happened to " Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness ". Does not exist in the land of the liberals.
    You've got em all Harry.
    a Life
    a Liberty
    and your Pursuing Happiness

Yeah I'm a big guy and you people are not making it any easier for me to get rid of my Tahoe. I love that car and have 93K miles on it an am due for a replacement. I am searching out the idea of building a powered hitch extender so I can keep the 202" Tahoe behind the 45Ft. Liberty. When the CHP nazi's stop us I can pull the toe car a little closer for a measurement. What ever happened to " Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness ". Does not exist in the land of the liberals.
    What is the legal towing limit in California?

What is the speed limit when towing a toad? I noticed truckers were driving about 60mph!

We are in Indio and I unhooked at the Arizona/California state line; drove 20 miles and then hooked up again. I had heard that I-10 passing thru Blythe, CA was a Nazi CHP trap.

My Newell is 45' and the Honda Pilot is 17' and the tow bar adds 7' for a total of 69'. Am I legal?
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Tuga, towing in California is 55 MPH, the over length for a motorhome with a tow vehicle is 65 feet. Remember, if there is only one CHP, you should be able to find 3 or 4 feet in your arm as you hold the other end of the tape for the fine officer.

Default Honda CRV

Thanks for the responses guys. No decision made yet, but I think I'll check out the Saturn VUE also. The Saturn Outlook is too big (201 inches) not just for towing, but it won't fit in my garage with the work bench, etc. in front of it.

Stay well everybody,

Ken