Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hwh Computerized Leveling System

Check out this link, and click on "Mad Dog", one of my favorites. I have to believe that all Pog members will appreciate good Maine humor.

http://www.bertandi.net/listen.html

I sure hope that I won't fall out of bed when the air runs out.

A word about your suspension system. Once your coach is level, the aux system can go to zero PSI and the coach should not move. Now this does not mean your air bladder tanks such as on Tom and Paul's coaches can be bled, but it does mean if the air bags are leak free and the five port Norgren valves and the three port valves for the tag axle air dump are not leaking your bus should not move. If it does you have a problem.

As near as Hector and I can tell, later model coaches require the ignition key to be on before any of the leveling system functions will operate so leaving the selector in the automatic level position may not even work with the key off.

That was not true on my 87, and all leveling functions would operate regardless of key position.

As to whether an aux compressor will have the oomph to level the coach, the short answer is maybe. The likely culprit to prevent that will be the front because two air bags may have to support up to 18000 lbs, and it may require as much as 120 PSI in the front air bags to do that. the rear air bags may only require 80 or 90 PSI to raise the coach.

If your aux compressor shuts off at 100 PSI and cycles back on at 70 for example, it is probable you will just find it easier to fire up the engine.

Also, on mine, the Prevost level low does the same function manually and I can't get the HWH to raise any portion of the bus further. In my opinion, it's just an auto-level and that's it.

My '93 Country Coach had the HWH auto-level, and I found it quite handy. I think the nicest part was being able to dump the coach with the flip of one button, and it just settled down to the ground. It didn't always level enough, but it came darn close.

Now on my newer bus I don't have the automated system, and it's kind of a pain in lowering the bus, having to remember which to lower first. I guess the rear has to come down first, and go up last? Dale posted on that awhile back.

It was a lot earlier just hitting the button, and dumping.

One thing I will mention which will get your shorts in a bunch real quick though, is having someone accidently hit the dump switch while you're driving.

In my CC, it was over the right hand side by the passenger (in the front corner), and could get knocked by the sunshade.

Ray