Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hwh Computerized Leveling System

Default Hwh Computerized Leveling System

I am about to head out and pick up my new coach at the Marathon factory. One of the service items that was done to the coach was to replace the (ADD'L AIR COMPRESSOR) that operates the HWH COMPUTERIZED LEVELING SYSTEM. How well does this system work? I am hoping to get a better understanding of its benefits. Wish I had my hands on the manual.

Thanks,

Bruce

Bruce,

I have had excellent service from my HWH computerized leveling system. Just press the AIR level button twice and the coach automatically levels in about 2 minutes. It will also raise the coach or lower the coach about 4 inches while moving at very slow (under 10 mph) speeds. I use this "lowering" feature to enter my garage. The "raising" feature can be used to keep the coach from scraping when exiting a drive way.
    Last edited by merle&louise; 02-10-2008 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling
    Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2012 Honda Pilot

Thanks, i like to notion of being able to use it for curbs and getting under tight spaces, all sounds good. No unusual service issues???

Bruce

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Ayup.

We had the HWH system in our Vogue (Great coach). It was great both for the flat surfaces in Florida and the less-than-perfect 'campsites' up to Maine.

You made a good decision to get the HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jeff View Post
    Ayup.

We had the HWH system in our Vogue (Great coach). It was great both for the flat surfaces in Florida and the less-than-perfect 'campsites' up to Maine.

You made a good decision to get the HWH.
    I can thank the original owner who had it installed. I have just replaced the Air Pump and had it inspected. My driving will be in all of those places. Are you saying that the auto leveling can adjust for a truly uneven maine camp site? How much out of level can it adjust?

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Yessuh. She'll do some fine up to Maine. You just put it to her and she'll level you right up. Don't rightly know the distance, but she's some good. If you was to muckle down on them beans down to the Grange on a Saturday night, she might get some beamy on you though, Mistah.

The HWH is wicked good.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain Jeff View Post
    Yessuh. She'll do some fine up to Maine. You just put it to her and she'll level you right up. Don't rightly know the distance, but she's some good. If you was to muckle down on them beans down to the Grange on a Saturday night, she might get some beamy on you though, Mistah.

The HWH is wicked good.
    I think you have been listening to your old Burt & I records. We used to hang out at the Desert of Maine at night around the camp fires telling Burt & I stories, remember the "Bangor Packet", maybe you are too young for all of this???

On the level.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Bruce:

I have enjoyed reading your posts...so much so that it seems as if we write exactly the same way.

Is POG ready for TWO of us? You will have to start wearing heavy socks and wear thick glasses.

Yes, I am too young for Burt and I; and from, "Away."

I don't say much, but JPJ is certainly NOT too young for Burt and I.

Our new members from Bath will verify that.

"Steam rose up from his sheets like it does from a manure pit." The late Marshall Dodge.

Burt & I stories equate to Pecos Bill stuff in Texas and Jackalope Stories in Douglas, Wyoming, etc. We'll tell them around the clambake at our Maine Rally.

Bruce, help me out here, we can't let him push aside Maine culcha.

Jim

Pam & Bruce,

I have the HWH in my CC and had 3 or 4 earlier plastic coaches with the HWH. With the Prevost, there just isn't enough volume in the Aux Air Pump to do much good when the system tries to maintain level after you shut down the engine. The bus is so heavy, I think the aux air pump would run all day and never bring up a bag or two. I use it to auto-level the bus at high idle and then shut it off after killing the engine.

Also, on mine, the Prevost level low does the same function manually and I can't get the HWH to raise any portion of the bus further. In my opinion, it's just an auto-level and that's it.

Others with different converters may have different experiences...