Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Howard Active Steering Parts

Default River City Products

Quote Originally Posted by 0533 View Post
    Good to hear, was hoping to maintain and use this system, as I heard that over the road truckers use them with good success.
    I know you said the Howard Steering System is out of Business, but that may not be the case?

They were distributed and installed by River City Products, in San Antonio, TX. I put their information below, for you to check with them if you need parts or information. Good Luck

River City Products, Inc.
    199 West Rhapsody
    San Antonio, TX 78216

Toll Free: 1-800-879-4277

Gary S.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Peggy Stevens View Post
    I know you said the Howard Steering System is out of Business, but that may not be the case?

They were distributed and installed by River City Products, in San Antonio, TX. I put their information below, for you to check with them if you need parts or information. Good Luck

199 West Rhapsody
    San Antonio, TX 78216

Gary S.
    Thanks Gary, I will forward this to the Service manager at Marathon out in Coburg. Pat (service Mgr) was the one who told me they were out of business. Maybe Pat ( marathon) should spend time on the Pog site.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Ever since learning of this feature I have been intrigued.

The manufacturer is gone correct?

Is this something that can be installed. I guess a call to River City Products is in order.

Could someone post some pictures of the buisness end of it, I'd love to see what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    Ever since learning of this feature I have been intrigued.

The manufacturer is gone correct?

Is this something that can be installed. I guess a call to River City Products is in order.

Could someone post some pictures of the buisness end of it, I'd love to see what it looks like.
    My contact at Marathon said that I have a leak in the hydraulic arm under the drivers side coach inboard of the front left tire. It is n orange colored large shock like arm that is weeping fluid. Marathon said that they could send it out for some custom work ($$$) and have the seals replaced. I would like to find the original replacement parts if possible. I am very interested in using this feature.

Here is the link to the supplier:

199 West Rhapsody
    San Antonio, TX 78216

Phone: (210)377-0631
    Fax: (210)377-1089

Manufacturing, Wholesale Distribution, and Installation of
    HOWARD POWER CENTER STEERING™ SYSTEM

Quote Originally Posted by 0533 View Post
    Here is the link to the supplier:

199 West Rhapsody
    San Antonio, TX 78216

Phone: (210)377-0631
    Fax: (210)377-1089

Manufacturing, Wholesale Distribution, and Installation of
    HOWARD POWER CENTER STEERING™ SYSTEM
    Heres the latest scoop on the Howard Active Steering System parts availability.

I spoke with Sam Kopecky today, the representative, last man standing at Howard. skopecky@campingworld.com Cell# 1-210-422-8484. Sam was a tech person at Howard before it went OB. Nice guy, he feels badly that he can not be of much help.

Here is the deal. They have enough parts to cover the needs of existing warrantee customers maybe. They have not manufactured new parts for a while and have no inventiory, none. PS. You can by the patents and molds, the company for $200K maybe a lot less. There are about 4500 customers using the steering system.

If you know anyone who has a Howard Active Steering dampener, Hydraulic cylinder part # 10A001-10-H I am a customer. this is a 10" cylinder, they had two models a 10 and 12". This one is for a independent front end Prevost and sits right next to the Prevost dampener.

Thanks.

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Well one a you guys with the thing is gonna have to let me check it out, behind the wheel with a good hard crosswind.

I've never seen this on a truck and either has everyone I have asked.

Ya know how many stiff necks I've encountered over the years that it would have eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cannarozzi View Post
    Well one a you guys with the thing is gonna have to let me check it out, behind the wheel with a good hard crosswind.

I've never seen this on a truck and either has everyone I have asked.

Ya know how many stiff necks I've encountered over the years that it would have eliminated.
    Sam is the best saleman they ever had, even though he never sold anything. He said that they have 66 documented cases of the system holding a front blow out straight and steady. He got my vote, and said that Howard, now 89 was so intent on making the tolerances so close. He felt that to make the system work well, everything had to be just so. apparently it makes for a difficult exchange process of certain parts. have to heat up brackets to get some parts out, like the cylinder from the bracket.