Thread: Toad Brake Systems

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Default Toad Brake Systems

I must be among the computer challenged as I could not find where the heck to start a new thread except here. So now that I am here I have a question.

I was trying to get an M&G Brake System for my Toad (2003 2500 Ram Pick up). M&G says their system won't fit under its hood. An M&G Dealer referred me to SMI Manufacturing, Inc's Air Force One. So for the question, Does anyone have an SMI Air Force One in use? And for a follow up question, How do you like it?

Any constructive comments will obviously be helpful in this area of safety. We will be making a really big trip this June and want to make sure we have brakes for both vehicles.

Thanks

lewpopp Guest

Of course the M & G system would not fit my car so I was told the same thing you were told. I had to go 150 miles to find someonee who the SMI co said was good at installing. I settled for the standard SMI system and am happy.

The local gurus in the resort said that the 2 were good and they would have rather had the Air Force One if they had the choice. good luck

Both are expensive.

I could not find where the heck to start a new thread except here
    Will to start a new thread try this:

1. Click on the link "Prevost Owners Group" just under the bus logo, upper left. This will take you to a list of forums.

2. Click on the forum desired.

3. Click on "New Thread" button, upper left, under the bus logo, and other stuff, above the list of current threads.

Ray

Southern Pines, NC (next door to Pinehurst)

Ray & Lew,

Thanks for the information - on both counts.

Ray - Enjoyed the San Diego trip. I checked out four RV parks. We will be staying in Chula Vista. Wish we could join you in March. Any chance you would be staying there between 1 June and 15 June?

Lew - Hope all is well with you in Florida. I am glad to hear you are pleased with the SMI AF1 unit, in spite of spending all those Lewbucks on it. Yes, they are expensive to say the least. I'll have to go from Southern Pines to Wilmington NC for the installation. That's not quite as far as you had to go. I know after the installation Carole will feel much more comfortable on our trip out west in June. I will too.

Thanks again.

Enjoyed the San Diego trip. I checked out four RV parks. We will be staying in Chula Vista. Wish we could join you in March. Any chance you would be staying there between 1 June and 15 June?
    It's not currently planned, but certainly a possibility. Please send me email as you get closer to your event. If nothing else, I'll drive down to San Diego one evening, and we can get dinner somewhere?

Ray