Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Country Coach introducing a new H3 45

Five-O Guest

Default Country Coach introducing a new H3 45

Word has it that Country Coach will shortly have a H3 35 to go along with the XLII.

Prevost Mira Loma has a new H-3 they are removing the OTR Air system for Country Coach, I could not believe my eyes, but it is true. WOW, why take out something that good and so expensive to install something else?
    Last edited by Kevin Erion; 02-06-2008 at 11:06 PM.

I have contacted one of our sponsors and an industry insider will respond to the Country Coach H3-45 post in the near future.

Five-0 thanks for the heads up.

Jim

TerryP Guest

Default From the horse's mouth...

As a member of The Beaudry Media Group representing Beaudry RV in Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona, this thread interested me. Beaudry RV is a full- line Country Coach dealer as well as the exclusive Country Coach Prevost Bus Conversion dealer for the Western United States. Upon reading this thread, I emailed Matt Howard, Country Coach VP of Marketing, to ask for an update and/or clarification on this purported new product development.

I've copied Matt's response below.

Terry Pollock
    Director, Corporate Branding
    Beaudry RV

"Terry, you can let them know that you've confirmed that Country Coach is exploring the possibility of launching an H345 bus conversion. We currently are in receipt of an H shell for research and discovery, and will be making a decision on the program by the end of Q1, if not sooner."

Matt Howard
    VP Marketing & Sales
    Country Coach, Inc.

What is the opinion about older H3-45 by Country Coach ? They were made around year 2000.

Five-O Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TerryP View Post
    As a member of The Beaudry Media Group representing Beaudry RV in Phoenix and Tucson, Arizona, this thread interested me. Beaudry RV is a full- line Country Coach dealer as well as the exclusive Country Coach Prevost Bus Conversion dealer for the Western United States. Upon reading this thread, I emailed Matt Howard, Country Coach VP of Marketing, to ask for an update and/or clarification on this purported new product development.

I've copied Matt's response below.

Terry Pollock
    Director, Corporate Branding
    Beaudry RV

"Terry, you can let them know that you've confirmed that Country Coach is exploring the possibility of launching an H345 bus conversion. We currently are in receipt of an H shell for research and discovery, and will be making a decision on the program by the end of Q1, if not sooner."

Matt Howard
    VP Marketing & Sales
    Country Coach, Inc.

For the longest time Buddy Gregg was the only place to buy a Country Coach Prevost. Beaudry was then given the line. But when it comes to a Prevost from Country Coach, Buddy Gregg is going to be in the know before most. I can appreciate what Matt Howard is saying. I know both Matt and Jay. When Matt says they are "exploring" that means they are fixing "to do it". The admission that they even say they have an H shell confirms that. Country Coach does not like to let a lot out of the bag. I can tell you that Buddy Gregg has mailed out to all potential buyers a brochure ( I am looking at it as I type this ) and states and I quote that "Country Coach is introducing a new Prevost; the H3-45 in addition to the XLII." I know that Buddy Gregg has for a long time wanted CC to build an H3 and being that there are two players for the CC Prevost line and he is the largest I would think they are willing to listen being that Buddy is probably telling them he is losing some sales as not all folks are XLII buyers. From what I also read from Matt's response is that the H shell they have is probably for Buddy Gregg and not Beaudry. They did not buy that shell for just "research" I assure you of that.

The problem with Country Coach offering a H3-45 is it competes with their high line million dollar plastic Coach. 'The Rhapsody'
    As I understand it, this has been one of Bob Lee's goals over the years, to build a Coach which could compete as an alternative to a Prevost.
    The Affinity is another high line Coach which again is nearing 1 milion in price so its interesting they are now going to Convert an H3.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Five-O Guest

Quote Originally Posted by garyde View Post
    The problem with Country Coach offering a H3-45 is it competes with their high line million dollar plastic Coach. 'The Rhapsody'
    As I understand it, this has been one of Bob Lee's goals over the years, to build a Coach which could compete as an alternative to a Prevost.
    The Affinity is another high line Coach which again is nearing 1 milion in price so its interesting they are now going to Convert an H3.
    I would be surprised if the Rhapsody makes it. On numerous RV sites it has been stated that that venture may be over as we speak. The Affinity is hovering around the $750-850K MSRP range and the Prevost line hovers close to a $1.5mil MSRP. I am sure an H would near the $1.65mil range. We really researched all makes and models before buying another bus and the Rhapsody just seemed to be what is was designed to be...a Newell. So if a Newell is what you want you might as well get the real deal instead of getting a knock off that is not tryed and tested. Some bus owners got taken in with the LEXA fiasco so I would think the Rhapsody wont get a warm snuggly hug right away. Every converter usually converts both an H3 and XLII, so I could see where the Country Coach line could benefit from an H3 conversion. On the other end of the spectrum I even noticed that Millennium who usually does for the most part just H3s, recently did an XLII that was some kind of nice. I think converters know that there has to be a mix between the two else you will probably lose some potential buyers.

Yes, I agree with your statement about the Lexa. I'm a previous owner, and although I did not have many issues, I found it difficult to sale (Thank you Steve) .
    The only difference this time is The Rhapsody is a Bob Lee creation, not a National creation. And the Rhapsody is more or less a custom order Coach and not built for Spec.
    Time will tell if Country Coach can maintain this new line.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Default 2 CC H3-45's for Sale

Well since everybody knows I have been scouring the web for The Perfect Bus, I can tell you there are 2 Country Coach H3-45's out there for sale as I write this. But neither one of these are what Peg and I are looking for. We viewed the 2000 H3-45 CC in LazyDays on Monday, on our way back from Ft. Meyers. http://www.lazydays.com/rvs/Recreati...hicles_001.htm

The other one is at Featherlite and has been there for over a year ? http://www.featherlitecoaches.com/co...ail.cfm?ID=157

They are not what we are looking for.

Just so everyone knows, ( not that Lew really cares ) Peg and I had a whirlwind bus scouring tour, last weekend.

Flew from Houston Saturday morning to Indianapolis, then drove a car to Urbana, Il. then drove on to Chicago's O'Hare, flew out Saturday night to Tampa, Fl., drove to Ft. Meyers Sunday morning 4:00am to view a bus, (stopped by LazyDays) then flew back to Chicago's O'Hare Sunday night, slept 6 hours in a Hotel outside Chicago, then drove to Angola, Ind. to visit a convertor / broker, then drove back to Indianpolos Monday afternoon to fly home to Houston.

4700 miles by air, 15 hours via car All in 3 days, and I still don't have a bus in my barn, YETTTTTTTT

Gary S.