I recently contacted Robert Jones, Sales Manager for Prevost Car Co. regarding the slide outs on Prevosts. He informed me that 99% of their production is slide outs (not a real surprise). He also mentioned that Marathon, Featherlite, and American Carriage do not use Prevost factory slides (I assume they use Valid or HWH or some other manufacturer).

So my question is "Who do they use?" Could the owners of these converters help me out here?

Below is the email response that I rec'd from Mr. Jones w/Prevost Car.

99% of the new motorhome shells that we build will have slides. The normal reason for a motorhome not having slides is that it is primarily used on the road and not while parked. Note that Prevost builds slides for all motorhome converters with the exception of Marathon, Featherlite and American Carriage. These 3 companies always add slides to their motorhomes. The market is pushing us to offer more slide options.

I understand the frustrations with slide-out problems. Prevost is working very hard to minimize these issues. Our new slide-out design is mechanically better and I am not hearing about slides that do not go in and out on demand.

Prevost is always pleased to offer non-slide shells to the motorhome market. One big issue to consider is resale value. The non-slide motorhomes do not hold their value as well as the ones with slide-outs.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Robert Jones | Sales Manager, Motorhome

Prevost

1951 Eastchester Drive, #E

High Point, NC 27265

Tel.: +1 336 812-3504 | Cell.: +1 800 981-7386 | Fax: +1 336 812-8679