Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Blood & Need Help

doodlebug45 Guest

Smile New Blood & Need Help

Howdy folks! My name is Hugh and my wife is Linda. We live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and have been POG members for about 2 whole days so far. I have read enough posts to realize that this group is suitably crazy enough for us to feel right at home. Last year we sold our older Bluebird so we could concentrate on our boats. We have a Canoe Cove 42B trawler yacht with twin Volvo diesels and share a Bayliner 3416 (twin Hinos) with another couple. The 3416 is rigged for salmon fishing but our 42B, "Journey" is just for cruising the beautiful waters of the West Coast. We keep both boats at Campbell River on Vancouver Island. According to our kids & grandchildren we are both certifiably crazy as you will probably find out in future posts. We tell everybody we are semi-retired because we are too busy to hold down real jobs. We recently decided that we miss our RV and need to get back at it. We also decided that this time around we would go top drawer and get a Prevost conversion. We have done a fair amount of research and are close to buying our first Prevost. However, we could really use some help and advice. I will post our dilemma in the "Nice Bus ---" category. We are glad to be on board and look forward to meeting some of you in the future.

dalej Guest

doodle, your right at home. Feel free to ask away, we will need to know more about those boats and if we are able to get rides when in the area.
    Last edited by dalej; 01-30-2008 at 09:45 PM.

VegasDogMan Guest

Hugh...

So you've got the bug for a coach eh?

I know of a well maintained 2000 Liberty 40' coach with Canadian registration coming up for sale in next 30 days or so.

Original Owner just bought new 08 coach and is looking to sell.

Coach is currently in Las Vegas and will return to Winnepeg when weather permits.

If you're interested, email me your contact info and I'll have owner contact you directly.

My email is lee.b@trims.com

Wife and I will be in your area in June/July - We stay with friends just north of you in Carstairs.

Maybee we can get together and talk coaches!

Someone new to abuse. It's like Christmas coming early.

JDUB says "hey" and welcome. Eh.

Default Howdy

Howdy DB come on in, the water is fine.

Oops, have to translate to Canadian,,,

Howdy DB, come on in, the water is fine, ay.

Ahhh fresh victims

Welcome !

doodlebug45 Guest

Wink

Now hold on guys! Us Canucks are timid folks with thin skins! Our only claims to fame are drinking beer and that genteel sport of hockey. Some say that breathing all this cold air up here has affected our brains so we can't stand too much abuse. Someone should tell our government who keeps abusing us with the highest taxes in the world! They're still trying to figure out how to run the second largest country in the world with taxes from a total population not much bigger than that of New York city. Be gentle with us poor folks. BTW, thanks for the warm? welcome.

The D'Bug

Smile Welcome Mr and Mrs DB

We're glad to see some more sensible people in this group. Hopefully you will have a coach and can make to POG-VI rally to be held in Pahrump, NV at the Seibt Desert Retreat in May.
    Actually you folks don't even need a coach. Motels abound in this area and there is always room in JDUB'S spare bedroom.
    (He's the mean guy.)

Welcome!!

Thumbs up

Hi Hugh & Linda, welcome to the fine formal group of those smitten with MPD and Corona Kelly.
    Ask post haste any dumb question that comes to mind. That way we can give you dumb answers made up on the spur of the moment.
    Good deal on keeping your boats on Vancouver island, that's one of my favorite areas of your country!
    Do come to the Rallies even without a bus. You will still enjoy the event. I can attest to that.
    There's a great group of guys and gals here with at least one thing in common.
    They were all bussless at one time.

VegasDogMan Guest

Quit complaining about Taxes.
    In Alberta you don't have PST. At least you're not in Manitoba.
    As I'm told, Alberta is the richest province in Canada. Lotsa Oil, Canadian Rockies and American tourist dollars.

doodlebug45 Guest

Talking

Manitoba?? I thought everybody left and turned the lights out. Don't kid yourself about life in Alberta these days. Sometimes its like living in a tornado. 100 additional cars on the road every day and its hard to find a place to live. We have the highest rate of inflation in North America. My whining about taxes is because I just got my property tax assessment that is up 50% over last year. I think this must have been what the Yukon gold rush was like. I can't wait to get my bus and hit the road for just about anywhere else, PST or not! Nice place to visit but I'm no longer sure about living here, especially retired.

D'Bug