Thread: Toad insurance?

ken&ellen Guest

Default Toad insurance?

As most of you know we had a problem with our Honda on our way to the POG rally. We insure our car with State Farm. Intially, they were supportive,but now the claims people are being less than generous. I guess what I am suggesting is that you make sure your insurance company will "really" cover your toad if you have a problem! Ken & Ellen

Ken and Ellen,

I'm really confused that both Honda and State Farm would fight you on this. First, I doubt Honda prohibits towing your car. They may not endorse 4 wheels down, but they also probably do not prohibit towing with the front wheels on a dolly.

Had you been towing it on a dolly the end result would be the same. A rear bearing failed and there was damage as a result. Sounds to me like a warranty claim.

But lets assume it is not a warranty claim for anything except bearing replacement. At that point State Farm steps in and pays unded comprehensive. There was a problem, your car was damaged and it needs to be repaired. When my last bus caught fire my insurance company paid for the damage and I paid the deductible.

What are we missing here? What is the argument? For what it is worth my bus insurer also insures cars (National Interstate) and they understand towing.