Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid Me!

VegasDogMan Guest

Default Stupid Me!

Well, I really screwed things up this time.

We're wintering here in Florida and visiting with friends who also have a motorhome.

We travelled together for the past 2 weeks and I let wife spend time in the other coach with her friend (2004 Newmar Essex 45' 4 Slide) and all of a sudden our 40' 97 Liberty is too small.

Now, she wants to sell the Liberty and go shopping for a 4 Slide coach.

I called Liberty in Stuart and a Prevost with slides is way out of our price range so..... now she's shopping the Internet for another coach for us.

I LOVE my 97 Liberty and I Love my wife too.... Decisions... Decisions...!

As Patrick Henry said.... "Give me Liberty or give me death" .... don't think I'll go that far.... maybee its time to start looking over my wifes shoulder and see whats available in Plastic!

My coach may be up for sale soon....

Just put in new tile floor, wall tile, new furniture, custom workstation, HDTV....I don't want to give it up!
    Last edited by VegasDogMan; 01-21-2008 at 09:42 PM.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Lee: We haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet, but I must say that all thing in life have a balance, no matter what. Job/work, paper/plastic and so on. But when it comes to the bus, man, we need to talk. Get thee to the mini-rally and we will work to de-program Barb. So much work and so little time.* Hang in.*

Lee. I have owned several plastic Coaches, and nothing compares to my Liberty in quality and durability. If you test drive a plastic coach, I think you and your wife will hear and feel the difference immediately. By the way, I'm not endorsing any Coaches but both Featherlite and Marathon are offering 3 and 4 slides.
    Gary & Lise Deinhard, 2003 Elegant Lady Liberty, Dbl slide

Speaking with first hand experience, I can only say," DON'T DO IT!!!!" Or, as we say now, a liberty in the hand is worth at least two of any NEW plastic thing out there. Besides, unless you are planning on selling the ranch, the farm and the condo, you just don't need the space and problems of slides.

VegasDogMan Guest

Can't get to the StLucie Mini Rally as much as I'd like to - Got to work at a golf tournament and do a trade show in Orlando next two weeks.

I did go to Lazy Days in Tampa the other day ad drove a Tiffin Zephyr. Drove not too bad but noisy, squeeky and tons of rattles goin down the road. Had to remove my hearing aids cuz of the creaks!

Wife agrees - the Zephyr is not the coach for us.... Got to find more creaky coaches to test drive... maybee she'll see the light!

LIBERTY FOR EVER!! (well almost)

VegasDogMan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Toy Box View Post
    Speaking with first hand experience, I can only say," DON'T DO IT!!!!" Or, as we say now, a liberty in the hand is worth at least two of any NEW plastic thing out there. Besides, unless you are planning on selling the ranch, the farm and the condo, you just don't need the space and problems of slides.
    We did sell the farm, ranch and condo and are living in the coach full time. Been full timing 3 years now. Married 43 years... more history with wife than coach

lewpopp Guest

Lee, if you can skip school (golf) for a few days, I have one of those 3 day coupons in my grubby hands right now with your name on it.

Even if you come over a couple days early and see the cronies arrive. That alone will be a site.

If you decide to come over early, call me so I'll meet you at the door.

Lew 607-329-0403

VegasDogMan Guest

Lew:
    Really wish I could... can't get away - My company (me) wrote the software used for the tournament 3 days - 5 courses - 600 golfers and I am doing back office support starting this Saturday 26th and finishing Tuesday 29th. Then we do our annual industry trade show in Orlando Wed 30th thru Saturday Feb 2nd.

I am retired but this is the time I have to be available each year.

I will get to St Lucie sometime in March though... Gotta look at Outdoor Resorts there and see whats going on... I am on Board of Directors at OutDoor Resorts Las Vegas and must report my findings.

There are several new Newmar Essex's here at Outdoor Resorts this season and, admittedly, they offer an impressive interior.

If we were seriously looking at plastic, both the Essex and the Zephyr looked like a lot of coach for the money.

BUT!!! Neither of those are inexpensive, and for the same dollars as New Plastic, you can buy a real, real nice pre-owned bus that will not only hold together but also hold its value!

With regard to the slides, we've owned coaches with 1 slide, 2 slides and our last coach had 3 slides. As has been said before, everything about a coach is a trade off.

We live in the coach full time and couldn't wait to be slide-out free!! Now, the coach is just as comfortable whether we're staying at a resort or in a truck stop. No more contortions to access the storage bays. No more jockeying around on a too-small campsite to make sure we can get all the slides out.

And, best of all, no more potential leak sites the size of a wall!!

Happy shopping.....

Lee,

If you need plastic horror stories for Barb, let me know, I can send you a few!