Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Lawyers Your Best Friend?

Bruce, with all due respect you can drive your bus as easily as you can drive your car. If you learn how to make turns without the rear wheels crossing over the sidewalk you are likely to handle the rest of it well enough.

But have you learned how your brake system works? Do you know how to verify the brake system is OK before you begin to drive? Do you know what your tire pressures are supposed to be, and how do you know that?

Personally I like sharing the road with folks that have taken the trouble to insure they can stop, have taken the time to make sure they won't have a blowout, and who are very clear on the limits of the bus they are driving.

I think that as drivers of vehicles that weigh 10 times that of the average car we have a duty to the other drivers. In a plane you get to kill yourself and your passengers. In the bus it is the other folks who pay for your errors.

I don't mean to piss you or others off, but I feel strongly about each of us being able to demonstrate the skills necessary to drive our coaches.

You give me too much credit Jon. This is the very reason that I joined the Prevost Owners Club, to gain the additional information and skills that will allow me to be a better, safer and smarter owner. I have already learned much from these forums, and almost feel guilty with all that I have taken away, verses what I can offer. As I said before, my technical skills are marginal, but I know that once I start to immerse myself in the coach, much of the unknown will become clearer. I promise that when I pickup my coach in Feb. at the factory and head toward one of the rallies you all have arranged, I will give each of you a heads up before I role into the park so that you can get all of the women and children inside.

Bruce....Going to be at the FL mini rally? If so I will show you how your brakes work. If nothing else that is critical.

I unfortunately will be in DC. moving my son out of his apartment. I live about 30 miles south of the Fl. rally, will be back over the weekend, maybe drive up and show you my parking skills. Truthfully, I wouldn't have purchased a Prevost if it were easy, no fun if you can't learn new things. Isn't this why you own one anyway. I once purchased a 109 ton trawler that had a 10 foot draft, 20 foot beam and wanted to take her around the world. I had only set foot on it once before i left the dock in NYC for Annapolis. My nephew, who had just return from the first Gulf war as a tank commander asked me as we were heading under the Verazzano Narrows Bridge how much time had I spent a sea with the boat. I think we all love to do new things, and hopefully we all have our heads screwed on tightly and are capable of handling what we are able to pay for.