Thread: 99 Marathon Salvage

Default 99 Marathon Salvage

In Gulfport Ms. there is a 99 45" Marathon that had Katrina water almost over engine , but not over the floor inside. Inside looks great, but I can only imagine what Gen. and all wiring beneath floor looks like. It has been sitting since Katrina and really looks nasty outside. It is handled by WWW.salvagedirect.com I do not know if it will be auctioned or sold as is.
    It would be a great place to find hard to replicate parts for Marathons and others. Dan
    Danss 1999 Vogue, 03 Chev. Trailblazer

dalej Guest

Dan, I couldn't find the bus. Can you get to the bus and then post the current link in the address bar.

Thanks

Default Link To Bus

it is not on their site. The only way to find out about it would be to call salvagedirect. I just do not have any info as to what will happen with the bus. let me know if I can help. when in my office tomorrow I will have access to their assigned salvage # as I wrote it on a scrap of paper.

Despite the flood damage to the underside, that could be a homebuilders project that would have an excellent outcome if the guy was sharp and the price was right.

None of the wires themselves would be unusable so most of the rebuilding would be simple remove and replace on stuff like inverters, generator, water pumps, etc. The bus drivetrain may be rebuildable. The differential, wheel bearings, suspension components and brake chambers would need replacement but once past that the biggest headache would be dealing with mold and deep cleaning of the house.

Jon,

The issue in the end is you still have a salvage title when you go to sell the bus.
    John Knollmaier
    Still Dreaming!

Just Plain Jeff Guest

What is being discussed here is a 'branded' title.

If that is the case, it stays with the coach forever, tough to get insurance, financing and resale, well...

For a homebuilder it is no worse than having an old ratted out charter coach for a shell.

Default Marathon Salvage

In case anyone is interested the vin# is 2pcm33493v1026204 and the SALVAGEDIRECT SDA # is 101315 and Claim # is PG056696689..Inside of Bus is unblemished. Dan

Default Carfax Shows:

For those that may be interested the bus DanSS has brought to our attention, it does not have salvage history yet according to the two leading companies that keep up with that sort of crap. Carfax shows no bad history and Autocheck will not accept the vin as a valid vin number
    Carfax copied and pasted onto the forum - will see how well that works.

This CARFAX Report provided by:
    Parkway Auto Sales
    2040 Volunteer Pkwy
    Bristol, TN 37620
    423-764-1924

1997 PREVOST BUS
    2PCM33493V1026204
    BUS
    / REAR WHEEL DRIVE
    Standard Equipment | Safety Options

Hi-I'm the CARFAX Xpert™. I'm here to help you better understand the data in this CARFAX Report. Did you know...
    We checked over 5 billion records from thousands of data sources for this vehicle
    This vehicle qualifies for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee
    The last reported odometer reading was 101,491

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. Other information about this vehicle, including problems, may not have been reported to CARFAX. Use this report as one important tool, along with a vehicle inspection and test drive, to make a better decision about your next used car.

CARFAX guarantees the information in this section
    Salvage | Junk | Rebuilt Guaranteed
    No Problem
    Fire/Flood | Hail Damage | Buyback/Lemon
    Guaranteed
    No Problem
    Not Actual Mileage | Exceeds Mechanical Limits Guaranteed
    No Problem
    GUARANTEED - None of these major title problems were reported by a state Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV). If you find that any of these title problems were reported by a DMV and not included in this report, CARFAX will buy this vehicle back.

Not all accidents or other issues are reported to CARFAX
    Total Loss Check

No total loss reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported

Structural / Frame Damage Check

No structural / frame damage reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported

Airbag Deployment Check

No airbag deployment reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported

Odometer Rollback Check

No indication of an odometer rollback. No Issues Indicated

Accident Check

No accidents reported to CARFAX. No Issues Reported

Manufacturer Recall Check

Check with an authorized Prevost dealer for any open recalls. No Recalls Reported

A CARFAX Vehicle History Report is based only on information supplied to CARFAX. CARFAX checked over 5 billion vehicle history events and found 4 record(s) for this 1997 PREVOST BUS (2PCM33493V1026204).

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
    03/10/2000 26,680 Service Facility Vehicle serviced

03/17/2000 Dealer Inventory
    Florida Vehicle sold

08/01/2002 101,484 Service Facility Vehicle serviced

02/17/2005 101,491 Service Facility Vehicle serviced

The last record reported to CARFAX is from February 2005. While there haven't been any DMV-reported problems, check with the seller to see if they have any service and repair records before you buy.

Have Questions? Consumers, please visit our Help Center at www.carfax.com. Dealers or Subscribers, please visit our Help Center at www.carfaxonline.com.

CARFAX DEPENDS ON ITS SOURCES FOR THE ACCURACY AND RELIABILITY OF ITS INFORMATION. THEREFORE, NO RESPONSIBILITY IS ASSUMED BY CARFAX OR ITS AGENTS FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THIS REPORT. CARFAX FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARFAX®
    © 2008 CARFAX, Inc., an R.L. Polk & Co. company. All rights reserved. Patents pending. 18.Jan.2008 14:14:00

I must add this to the information stated above that the next registration could reveal the Salvage Condition as it well be signed off by a salvage clerk and that is one of the triggers that will Flag it for Carfax to show the salvage.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

dalej Guest

Thanks Roger,

I was checking into a 94 that they have listed, do you think that I will need to replace all of the wiring bay relays? or will some be alright. I have the diagram to follow.
    Attached Images Attached Images