Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help. Photo Shrinking

Default Help. Photo Shrinking

I have a bunch of photos that would be fun to post, but when I look at their pertinent poop (that's a technical term) they run around 50 or 60 somethings which is bigger than the 38 somethings limit.

I sat about two hours over the last two days trying to find the magic trick that will make my pictures smaller. The guru who has been massaging the pictures with the manuals is Ben but I hate to keep bugging him. Does anybody know how I can take existing photos and make the file size smaller?

I won't pay for your advice but I might knock a little off the cost of my garage tour.

My photos come up in MS Office Picture Manager. If you click on the Edit function, there will be a menu come up on the right side. Choose "Resize" and then choose "Predefined width x height". You can pick e-mail large or small and then hit "Okay"

Now save the file in a convenient place with a name other than the original file. When you use this forum to attach a file, just browse for it and select. Hit upload and you are there.

There are a couple of other ways to do it, but it mostly works the same way. You have to get into the edit function of whatever software you are using and go from there.

I'll require a large iced tea during my tour.........
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lets see if this works.

Default You've created a monster.

Jerry,

The attachment above was previously on the wall of our local post office. Doesn't that guy look dangerous?

I used Picassa and I cropped a big picture so at least now I can post a picture. Now I will be insufferable because I can change my own oil AND post pictures.

U Duh Man. Mango Mike? I thought he'd be taller.........

Default You may be kidding about Mango's height

Mango is a pretty tall guy. He may look short when you compare him to his coach, but you need to see my driveway to understand what is happening.

Look at my coach in the background to get a sense of how steep the driveway is. Mango's coach is raised as high as it will go on the front airbags so his generator baffle will clear the crown as the bus transitions from the level floor in the garage (the back end was about four feet in the garage) to the slope of the driveway. Mike is standing with his feet about a foot or more lower than where his front wheels are sitting.

ken&ellen Guest

Default Where is Mango?

Seeing this picture reminds us that we have not heard from Mango on this site in quite awhile....has anyone heard from him? Ken & Ellen

He was on the other site. He has compromising pictures of me so he is probably trying to figure out how to get even because I pictured his here.

Well I have to thank Jon for setting the record straight. His driveway is like a house of mirrors.

However this doesn't get him off the hook for posting my pix.

I give you "flatman".

Mango

Side Issue - 39k is way too small for posting viewable pictures. Can the webmaster get this increased? You guys can't let RV.net beat you on this one.
    Last edited by MangoMike; 01-17-2006 at 09:47 PM.

Is that Jon's Hummer before or after he towed it with the emergency brake on? I keep waiting for that story to be posted on this site; with photos.

I agree with the photo size. By the time you shrink them to 39, there isn't much left of some of them. Somewhere in the 60 range would be better.