Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yellowstone NP

Default Yellowstone NP

Hey POGgers,

Janet and I want to spend a few days in/at Yellowstone on the way to Spearfish this September. Does anyone know of a bus friendly campground inside the park??

There looks to be a real nice KOA in West Yellowstone, but this is outside the park itself.

Thanks,

Ken

Ken,

We stayed at the Fishing Bridge RV camping area right next to Yellowstone Lake. It was tight for a 40'er and would be way tight for a 45'er, but I am sure nothing for a professional driver. At that time of the year you might get your choice of spots and find one that fit better.

y1.jpg

y2.jpg

Default Because He Can

We also found the answer to the oft asked question, "Why does an antelope lick his nuts?"

y3.jpg

We were there the first week of June.......

y4.jpg
    Last edited by Jerry Winchester; 01-10-2008 at 06:06 PM.

Good thing the kitchen window to the General was open so you could additionally smoke the pork butt laying on the counter.

Picture 39.jpg

...and where's the requisite checked tablecloth?

We were trying to rid the coach of that jerked chicken smell. The unflushed ananconda didn't work so this was the next best thing.

We didn't eat on that table, we just cooked on it. And I didn't have a board under the baby grill, so it melted a nice place in the plastic. I found that out about two minutes after I took the picture.....

Smoke seems to follow the turd boy anywhere he goes. Here he is at the woodchuck, Texas Chili cookoff by a bunch of wierd people dressed in orange!

IMG_1550_1.JPG

Ken,

We stayed at the Fishing Bridge also the last time we were there. We had a coyote, several deer, buffalo, and one bear come by out spot while we were there.
    Dale & Paulette

"God Loves you and has a plan for your life!

Quote Originally Posted by bluevost View Post
    Hey POGgers,

Janet and I want to spend a few days in/at Yellowstone on the way to Spearfish this September. Does anyone know of a bus friendly campground inside the park??

There looks to be a real nice KOA in West Yellowstone, but this is outside the park itself.

Thanks,

Ken
    Ken, we were at Yellowstone this past August and found that staying at the Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone worked out best for us. I checked out the KOA and it is not wonderful.

It is a short drive to most of the locations in the park and there are some nice areas to visit in the town of W. Yellowstone which is only 1 block from the park entrance. They have a nice museum and some other attractions. Food costs less in the restaurants and you have a much better selection. The RV park is very nice and clean. It also has accomadations for 'Big Rigs" w/50 amp service. I don't think any of the locations inside the park have that service and I know for sure none of them permit anything over 40'. Call the number at this site to double check my facts.

Having wrote all of the above I highly recommend this trip. You will never forget this place. Most of it can be seen in 2-3 days unless you want to take some long hikes. Fishing is better early or late in the season because the rivers warm up and some, like the Madison, are closed for fishing in the afternoon.

If you would like some pictures or more info please email me or call.

Have a great time!

I second Darl's comment about The Grizzly RV Park. We stayed there in June of 06 and had a great time. Very clean park and no problem for 45' and 50 amps.

ajhaig Guest

Ken,

We stayed at Fishing Bridge this past September (our 40 footer barely fit & there is only 30 amp service). It's a great time of year to go because there aren't any crowds, although it did snow while we were there.

AJ