Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 8V92 Temperature?

Joe, I forgot to answer that one.

The coolant loop going through the coach on coaches of that vintage got generally acceptable flow rates to provide the necessary heat because of the engine pump.

I suspect because Prevost was from Canada that they were more sensitive to having a coach you could heat so to insure in extreme cold that sufficient amounts of engine coolant made it from the engine to the windshield in particular, and other area a supplemental pump was provided.

On my 87 that pump was mounted low, passenger side, near the engine, and I do not know if our respective converters moved the pump or if Prevost made a design change between your 86 and my 87. In my 87 Liberty installed heat exchangers with fans in numerous places such as under the sofa, under the bath vanity, under the dinette, etc. Those heat exchangers were part of the cooling system and I was of the opinion the small pump would provide additional flow to them as well.

FWIW Prevost sold parts for that pump and I replaced the brushes once. I do not think that pump has anything to do with controlling engine temps except to the extent the heat exchangers throughout the cooling system would reduce the coolant temps to a degree, but there was no way I would use them to cool the engine on a hot day.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Joe:1.* Your coach picture indicates a switch much newer than the one I was referring to!2.* The coach I was referring to does not have OTR air, so the setup would be much different than you are indicating.3.* You are THE MAN about mechanical stuff and I am not going to even attempt to delve into your turf!I saw the switch and mentioned it.* Sorry if it lead you astray!!!

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

So this thing kicks on when the blowers go on and goes off with them?

What about the emergency fan switch on my dash?

You had to manually turn the pump on with the switch that had a little fan logo on it in order for it to work on my 87. I rarely turned it on. It was not automatic.