Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Allen Wrench Hub Cover Tool

lewpopp Guest

Jerry

I am hurt. After I told every one that I wanted to mount enough of the lites around the coach to make a solid line, you "disted" me and will give them to Jon.

Now I have a few open spaces and I'll have to go out and get someone to advertise in the spaces. Oh, well, life's a bitch.

Consider them yours. And the old rusty screws that went with them..

lewpopp Guest

Nope!

Won't accept double second hand-me-downs.. I'll look elsewhere. If I ain't good enough to be first than that's the end.

I hope someone tried to put the lites on a 24v system cuz that's what I've got.

Boo-hoo! You hurt me bad. I'm going to throw a rusty nut in your chili if there is any.

The way these guys are giving a blow-by-blow updates of their trip, you'd think that they are trying to be Marco Polo or Chris Columbus.

I hope the park won't let them in til 1 PM and make them stick to the rules. Not really.

Not too many posts tonite because the big rig buds are busy moving on down the road.

I'll mosey in about 1 PM if all goes well. didn't scrub the coach for the trip cuz there is a chance of rain tomorrow.

Orren Zook Guest

Kind of an old thread here - but that allen wrench you seek is available as part of an anti theft license plate kit available at Advance, Pep Boys, and Auto Zone here in Ohio. The kit with the 'wrench', four stainless screws, flat washers and the plastic plugs sells for under $7US.

lewpopp Guest

Are you speaking of the key to get the spinners off of the hubcaps?

If so, listen up Jerry, this is what you need. Maybe!!!

Ben Guest

Looks like I missed this thread when it was originally going.

I got my wrench from Prevost Nashville. One of the mechanics gave it to me for free... he had to go searching for one... maybe took him 10 minutes and then he came out with just what I needed.

lewpopp Guest

Default spinner key

I said long ago that I misplaced the one I had when I discarded the spinners. I purchased the one I had at a parts house but had to buy a sellection of 7 or 8 sizes.

Don't know the name unless it a torx of some kind.

Jon, look it up in you infinite wisdom book cuz we all can't sweet talk mechanics out of them nationwide.

Orren,

Thanks for the reply and welcome to the POG. I have been waiting for Lew to come up with one of these for months, but it was MangoMike who procured one of these for me and brought it to OSH.

As I have to go back to NYC next quarter, Lew will be supplying all the show tickets.

And Lew, I am in the coach over at the Comal River posting and reading with the Verizon card. I think you need one so you can get rid of that dial up deal. Not many LewBucks and you won't experience those posting lags. It's nice when you are in the same time continuium with the rest of us.

win42 Guest

Tamper Resistantant Button Head Screws & Wrench's
    Two sources: www.mcmaster.com (562) 692-5911
    5/32 hex KEY w/ hollow end for 1/4-20 bolts No. 7390A27
    5/32 HEX SCREW DRIVER w/ hollow end No. 7153A63
    SS 1/4- 20 X 3/4 hex Tamp. Resit. button head screws[COLOR="Red"]RIGHT HAND THREAD No. 95635A540

5/16-18 X 3/4" SS button head hex socket screws No.92949A581
    5/16-24 X 3/4 SS button head hex socket screws No. 92949A599

I have plans to drill & tap R.H. 5/16" - 24 into the bracket and chg. to larger threads, The smaller screws are weak, rust tight and break off. I don't have the coach here to check this change out, more later on that. No mickey mouse tamper proof screws. Just lock tight on the screws.
    Remember your stock screws are left hand thread, all screws shown above are SS right hand thread.

2nd. Souce: SPAENAUR www.spaenuar.com 1-800-265-8772 Kitchner Ontario, Canada
    They may have the left hand screws. Good source for all Automotive fasteners and products. Probably the OEM for Prevost.
    Good Luck
    Last edited by win42; 08-12-2006 at 12:49 PM.

Default security tools

FWIW, Harbor freight sells a 100 piece set of "security bits" for the princely sum of $10.00. Lots of neat bits that you MAY never need until that day............