Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: If it's January, it must be time for Quartzite

You area looks a lot nicer than the place I visited a few years ago. It was in the dirt, no hint of "dirt-asphalt", and it was pretty darn filthy. Just like pulling off the side of the road in the desert!

lewpopp Guest

I think you have to be careful when you attend the Quartsite area because each couple of weeks it changes it's theme. You might get there when there is a rock show and that would piss you off. Otherwise, get ready to walk a lot. Haven't been there for 5 years.

Default At the Q

Hey POGgers, For those interested in what's happening in Q,

I have made my first attempt at my own website. Hopefully you will see a few pages: a welcome page, Wed. Jan 16, and a photo page Quartzsite Jan 18. On the page, Wed. Jan 16, ignore the line "To see photos...." I didn't do the hyperlink right. You can see all the photos on the Quartzsite Jan 18 page. Click on the headings on the top of the page to change pages.

The big RV show starts tomorrow and I'll publish some more photos on Sunday. The weather is clear, winds are mild, temp. 50 degrees at 1:25PM. Lows around 35. Sunsets have been special.

check it all out at [url]http://web.mac.com/KenZittrer

Bye for now, Ken

Default Magarita Man

Ken: Nice Job on you and Janets' site, we certainly appreciate the time and effort to put that together and better yet the photos. Keep the updates coming.

Also the photo of the H with the stacker trailer- those folks attended POG rally at Santa Fe. I don't recall their name, but if you see them, tell them howdy and to come to Sevierville in April.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost

I definitely remember the H with the stacker. They were still converting the H from a passenger bus into an RV. I don't remember their names either. Hopefully someone with less "sometimers disease" can help?

Ray

dalej Guest

Ron and Judy Walker...., I think. They were our neighbors in Santa Fe, you would think I could remember.
    Last edited by dalej; 01-18-2008 at 09:24 PM.

Yeah, I think that sounds right. Ken, stop by say hi. Maybe you can find out why we never heard from them again?

Oh, by the way, your site is looking great! Good work!

Default H with stacker - coming clean

Geez, when you've got an old H3 seated coach (under construction) with a stacker racing trailer, you can't hide anywhere! I'll plead guilty to simply lurking on the board, enjoying the banter and soaking up all the expertise. I missed this thread until Jim Skiff asked if I was in Quartzsite. This is my first post - please be gentle.

Judie and I really enjoyed meeting the group at Santa Fe, but got a real kick in the teeth when three months later, her mild but persistant stomach ache was diagnosed as inoperable pancreatic cancer and she was given two to six months to live. So much for our daily four mile power walks and healthy lifestyle. The coach did well covering over 6000 miles in 27 days (24 one-nighters) to let Judie say "goodbye" to friends and family. Despite making the entire trip from Arizona to Florida, back to Arizona then to Tacoma, WA on her stomach in bed, she had some good visits and was happy we had the means to do it. She passed away in Washington on August 16th, 2007, a month before her 66th birthday. We were both delighted to have gotten twelve great years of full time RV adventuring.

About Quartzsite: Yes, you'll track fine powder dirt onto your clean floors. Where you park will determine if it's a little or a lot. If the wind blows, it will be on your counter tops as well. On the other hand, there are over a quarter million winter residents who don't seem to mind dusting the rig a bit between social gatherings and all the interesting activities. Most don't really notice that they're roughing it. The photos Ken posted on his great web site tell some of the story, but there's a lot more. Quartzsite hosts the world's biggest flea market. You could spend weeks buying things you doesn't really need or have room for. Hundreds of vendors will eagerly sell you all those valuable gizmos the coach really needs. Many folks find the gem and mineral show irresistible.

You can learn more than you ever wanted to know about solar. Heck, I can tell you how to spend a fortune on solar panels, charge controllers, etc. Yes, I have fourteen expensive PV (electricity generating) panels on my roof and I'm in the process of adding my first solar hot water panel. There really is life off the grid - and it doesn't necessarily involve a lot of conservation. I could go on, but I can feel you begging me to stop. Aren't you sorry you were curious about me? I'll go back into the listening mode.

Ken, let's try to get together. Write ronwalkeratprodigydotnet or I'll try you.

Ron

Ron,

Glad you made your first post. Although very sorry to hear about Judie. It just further demonstrates how we all have to max out every day as we're never certain what awaits us around the next corner. One of the reasons I bought a bus. Sounds like the two of you had quite an adventure and we would like to hear more.

It looks like the Quartz escapade is quite the deal. Unfortunately too far for us, we gotta work, East Coasters. Ken, keep those pixs coming and maybe a google ad about Mango Mike's on your site.

Mike

Ron,

If you are still parked in the same place, I'm going to pedal over on the bike b/4 we go into town today. If you're not home I'll leave a note on the windshield. We are camped very close to you. Plenty of room over here!!

Ken