Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 91 Liberty H3 40

Judi Brown Guest

Exclamation 91 Liberty

It seems to hit bottom of suspension, the front don't scrape or anything,
    but you just seem to hit a spot where you are at the bottom.
    Thanks Judi

Smile Good Data In = Good Data Out, or G_____ G____ O__

Quote Originally Posted by Judi Brown View Post
    It seems to hit bottom of suspension, the front don't scrape or anything,
    but you just seem to hit a spot where you are at the bottom.
    Thanks Judi
    Judi, you gotta stop carrying all your Gold up front!? Like an aircraft you have to balance your load!

On a more serious note. Tell us are you en route to Alaska. What kind of roads are you on or off. How fast are you going etc. when this happens?
    I suppose your shocks could be totally worn out and bone dry. How many miles on the bus? Did you get service records with the bus on purchase? If so can you find any receipts for shock replacement? This is all academic though. If you get someone knowledgeable under the bus, they will find your problem. What is your location? Someone in the group may know a good repair facility in your area!

Are you trying to repair this yourself or are you just gaining knowledge so you don't get ripped at the repair shop?

Judi Brown Guest

Cool 91 Liberty

We are in Vancouver Canada, If it is a problem, we will take it and have it fixed. There are 130,000 miles on coach. Some members might know coach.
    It was owned by a Jack Stewart from Washington state. It is we have worried about things in past that where normal and want to know coach
    inside out before leaving on trip. We have had class A motorhomes in past and this is a big step up.. Right now we are trying to learn coach , so our trip
    will be a holiday and not my husband having to work on coach all the time.
    When we go fishing,he spends all his time baiting grandkids hooks and don't
    get any fishing in. So he says if we don't know coach and he gets to holiday
    we are not going. Thats why I ask questions that might not be a problem.
    He says he is going to get shocks checked from what we have read so far.
    We want to mention what a great board this is and how polite the people are
    even when asking dumb questions. Thanks again. Judi.

Thumbs up

Judi, thanks for the feedback. Somehow it makes it better when you fill in the blanks. That's a good attitude you have about getting to know as much as you can about the bus. As you have heard before there are no stupid questions, except maybe the ones not asked.
    When is your trip?
    Do you know where you will be taking the bus to have the front end checked?

Joe Cannarozzi Guest

Judi

Take that camper to a scale and see what the axle weights are.

In any event if it does not have the upgrade to the larger front air bags you are a prime candidate for them. Chances are they are original and are ready for replacement anyway. Do you have prior service data? Also an upgrade to Koni shocks and you can get them from Prevo parts Elgin, Ill.

When we got ours front shocks were bad and I do not recall ever bottoming out.

Ride height is measured directly behind the front wheel-well at the bottom of the bay door to the ground. I do not know what that measurement is on an H-3 but I'm sure someone will chime in here.
    Last edited by Joe Cannarozzi; 12-30-2007 at 07:44 AM.

Cool Hot Enough Yet

Hi Judi, did you have any luck with the Webasto yet?

Judi Brown Guest

Smile 91 Liberty

Yea, He has webasto working great, He is puttering along on everything
    until he understands it and then mumbles how stupid he is for not knowing
    how something works. I think he is doing pretty good as we didn't have any manuals. The gen. set kept shutting down after about 10 minutes and he checked anti freeze and was low and heating up and there is automatic
    shut down. Running good now. Now he wants to put new flat screen tv's. in.
    He say's he is going to wait till can get over pit on shocks and replace them as previous owner carried golf car in front bay. We are not leaving till May 1st, so will have plenty more questions. Again we want to thank every one for
    all the help. Judi