Thread: Microphor--Headhunter?

Jim_Scoggins Guest

Default Microphor--Headhunter?

In another thread Jon cautioned about having a check valve in the plumbing circuit to prevent backflow to the water source.

Q1. I have the Microphor Microflush toilet in my coach. Are there the same concerns for this toilet as for the Headhunter?

Q2. While we are at it, why is the headhunter the weapon of choice for some while others s use the Microflush style. Is it only because the Microflush style requires an air supply and the Headhunter does not?

I have read the lengthly thread regarding the Headhunter . Refer me to any other thread, assuming this has been beat to death somewhere else.

God, I have to get a life. I never thought I would be wondering about flushing poop on Christmas Eve.

Thanks,
    Last edited by Jim_Scoggins; 12-24-2007 at 07:45 AM.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

First of all, it seems like every thread, if it does on long enough, winds up on this topic and I'm not sure why. Ifyou are truly bored enough over the holidays, go back and look at the older threads on prevost-stuff and it will bear out this claim.

Moving onward, not all Microphor flushes are the same. They vary by design, access to the wiring, pressure systems and water systems.

My original posting here was to suggest that one of the more important things we need to do as POG people is to understand the systems in the coach-of-the-moment, whether we work on them ourselves or have others do the work. The better anyone can understand their coach and the way that it works was the original intent of POG and continues to be so today.

Whatever your Holiday may be, make it a good one.

Thanks to all and Season's Greetings!

Jim_Scoggins Guest

Might have answered one ofmy own questions. Reading the Microflush manual revealed the following:

"LF-219 Models - If integral model is connected to a
    potable water source, the unit requires installer to provide
    a Back Flow/Cross Contamination Prevention device.
    Please check applicable jurisdiction for requirements
    before installation".

Not sure what an "integral" model is though, but I think I have one. Looks as if I will be chasing water lines!

Bottled water it is.

Jeff Bayley Guest

Default Redundant potty talk post I put on the first thread

My bus has a Microphor toilet that needed to be rebuilt. Not a very plentiful supply of people that knew how to do it so I wound up doing it myself, including a new hopper which is the bowl part where everythign holds until it swhooses away.

2 things. One, does anyone know a good way to clean that sucka ? I try letting holding tank checmical soak on it and it had no effect. I guess if I wanted to clean it really good and by that I mean the skid marks that accumulate after a while, I'd have to get a miniture bristle brush on the end of a wire. Doesn't seem to stink so maybe I should bother with more important things than blinking the inside of my bowl.

2nd, my set up has this big dedicated air pump. It has a leak in it somewhere and when that pump switch was on, it was always cycling to refill to appropriate pressure every couple of minutes. I put an air check valve and that solved it in case anyone else has that same problem. The check valve went down right near the pump.

Just Plain Jeff Guest

Jeff: You are on your own on your first request (I was going to write about Number One and Number Two, but decided not to).

From what I can gather, the installations are not all the same. This coach has a pancake compressor right underneath the flush. In leaving it on, it only cycles when flushed, so it appears to be in good shape.

The trick with these flushes is to get the settings right on the flapper so they don't leak and also the timer. The Plastic Man is the expert in 'flush timing' so he will have to pick up the thread on that.

This entire topic is so rich with the potential of puns and bad behavior I will have to leave it alone.

Maybe.

Default Christmas Present

Sounds like someones Christmas Present won't be wrapped.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.
    Roger that!
    2008 Liberty DS XL2
    2023 Denali Ultimate
    My 6th Prevost